*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MKII LWB Twin wheel 14seater Minibus with sliding door?

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

MKII LWB Twin wheel 14seater Minibus with sliding door?

Postby PeddyP » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi folks, first time poster!

I'm all in to my classics, have been for a few years now. Usually I tend to only go for cars but recently me and the Woman discovered our love for UK holidays. I bought this old girl from a farm with plans to convert to a camper and chuck a Jag 3.0 V6 engine and box in but now we've decided to skip all that, stick to cars and just get a cheap almost disposable caravan instead.

Now I've searched and searched and so far I haven't seen another LWB Twin Wheeler with a sliding door and from what I can see the van is all original including most of its paint. My pal used to drive them from new as a transporter and a few of the old boys I know say they haven't seen one either.

Has anyone got any pics or even own one themselves?

Thanks

PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MKII LWB Twin wheel 14seater Minibus with sliding door?

Postby Neil » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:44 am

there is a few about,,, its value with the sliding door isn't much more if its needing work
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:44 pm

does look nice and straight :D prices on mk2's are starting to rise quite a bit now :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby PeddyP » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:57 pm

Neil wrote:there is a few about,,, its value with the sliding door isn't much more if its needing work

But where? This forum is the last place I've looked since I've owned it hoping someone would at least have a picture of the idea.
It does need work of course but it's mainly patchwork... Underneath has survived very well fortunately plus it runs and drives which is always a bonus
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PeddyP » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Luke wrote:does look nice and straight :D prices on mk2's are starting to rise quite a bit now :D

Yea she is nice and straight. Thankfully only the odd patch of filler here n there which is always appreciated!
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Neil » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:05 pm

PeddyP wrote:
Neil wrote:there is a few about,,, its value with the sliding door isn't much more if its needing work

But where? This forum is the last place I've looked since I've owned it hoping someone would at least have a picture of the idea.
It does need work of course but it's mainly patchwork... Underneath has survived very well fortunately plus it runs and drives which is always a bonus

you will need to trawl thru 11 years of posts on here,, and a lot of early trannyist just don't like sliding doors at all ,, stick it on ebay 99p start no reserve and you will get a valuation after a week
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby DodgeRover » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Beware of selling locally to someone via ebay there would be a very good chance its going to end up cut into little sections, flat packed and shipped to Pakistan..obviously the new owner can do whatever they want but it seems a shame.
Mk2 prices are definitely on the rise though.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:39 pm

If you want to sell it try the ads in the classic car magazines. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby PeddyP » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:46 pm

There's a lot of talk regarding me looking for a valuation. I'm not, I haven't asked once for a price, I'm not hinting it's for sale and I don't need help selling it. So far I've been told it's worth jack all and it's value is on the rise, its common as muck and rare as hens teeth :D

I just wanted someone to show me another van the same as mine that's all as I'm genuinely curious, or even show me someone who has one...

Thanks again
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Neil » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:23 pm

google transit mk 2 and images will come up click on them theres 2 or 3 visable drivers slider but a lot of lwb pictures show passenger sides
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby DodgeRover » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:05 pm

Sorry I read your post as you were looking to work out what it was worth as you weren't going to camperise it and were sticking with a car and caravan.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:08 am

Neil wrote:google transit mk 2 and images will come up click on them theres 2 or 3 visable drivers slider but a lot of lwb pictures show passenger sides

I've already googled the life out of it several times under several variations and still haven't come across another like mine.
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:09 am

DodgeRover wrote:Sorry I read your post as you were looking to work out what it was worth as you weren't going to camperise it and were sticking with a car and caravan.

Sorry, that's just me telling my life story as usual!
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 am

A Facebook friend of mine picked this up the same time as me. He's a scrapman big in to his banger racing but he's not racing this one he says. It hasn't got the drivers sliding door but it's close-ish!

PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bulls in transit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:56 am

There's one on carandclassic website same spec.(LWB,slider,minibus),but has got metal rear arches
bulls in transit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk 1 & 2