*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sparkplugs for Mk2

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Sparkplugs for Mk2

Postby simplyshaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello everyone, been a while since I visited the site so it's nice to be back. I have a question concerning the sparkplugs for a Mk2 running a 2l Pinto in what I would presume to be standard form. I should be picking it up next weekend if all goes well and I would like to at least have a new set of plugs on hand for the drive home. Can someone give me the NGK reference please. Thanks, Chris.
If your going to be a bear, be a grizzly
simplyshaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Sparkplugs for Mk2

Postby simplyshaker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Would I be right using NGKAP6FS as suggested by Burton Power for a standard Pinto engine? On another site (here in France) it proposes the NGK reference 2710 which seems to have a shorter thread.

EDIT/ Just looked on the NGK site and it shows the AP6FS as stock code 2710, so the same sparkplug. Don't know why the iformation on both sites is different.
simplyshaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DodgeRover » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 pm

If it's running ok I wouldn't worry about changing the plugs before you get home - they can be very tight.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby simplyshaker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 pm

For the very short drive I took it on, it ran fine. The owner had informed me that he had cleaned the plugs and it had improved the running when he had first restarted the engine for the sale. It's something I will be doing anyway, having the plugs at hand for the 150km drive home (if I have the time to buy them) will only be a safety precaution. To be honest, I'd love to give it a full service before I left :roll:
simplyshaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DodgeRover » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Maybe take a cambelt and the tools to fit it with you?
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk 1 & 2