*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Green Mk 2 ??

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: Green Mk 2 ??

Postby JIM T » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:15 am

Hi there I have just read this thread from start to finish and can see the problems you have had must put you off garages for life ,I have been through the same in my younger year and paid with money and sleepless nights. in the long term all the worry is not worth it ,being ripped by garages can become very easy to the unknowing (WOMEN ARE RIPPED OFF ALL THE TIME BY GARAEGES )this is why I joined this forum when I bought a mk 2 transit based hymermobil .Every thing your garage kneaded to know is on the forum with photos to boot have a look at JIM Ts up grade to di engine in progress report it is all there .Anyway its a life times work having an old girl to play with but I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE WORTH IT regards JIM T PS I feel any one doeing the upgrade should go for a mk5 as a downer . :) viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23514
Yes it is a Transit MK 2 under there some were.Click here for pic!
[http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee82/JIMRT/#!cpZZ7QQtppZZ16]
JIM T
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AmbulanceMan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:47 pm

JIM T wrote:Hi there I have just read this thread from start to finish and can see the problems you have had must put you off garages for life ,I have been through the same in my younger year and paid with money and sleepless nights. in the long term all the worry is not worth it ,being ripped by garages can become very easy to the unknowing (WOMEN ARE RIPPED OFF ALL THE TIME BY GARAEGES )this is why I joined this forum when I bought a mk 2 transit based hymermobil .Every thing your garage kneaded to know is on the forum with photos to boot have a look at JIM Ts up grade to di engine in progress report it is all there .Anyway its a life times work having an old girl to play with but I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE WORTH IT regards JIM T PS I feel any one doeing the upgrade should go for a mk5 as a downer . :) viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23514

I get what you mean. I keep finding bits they didn't do very well, like this week I lifted the carpet and found they did a really sloppy job of cutting and welding the new hole for the gearshift.

I also noticed they replaced my original gear shift boot with a torn two bits of rubber. And last week the exhaust pipe fell off where they had just welded it on. You can't make this up. What next?

Like the look of your transit, How do you get bits, like bits for the dash, gauges etc.? When I first got it 10 or so years ago, there were loads of MK2s in scrap yards. Try and find one now???
AmbulanceMan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby madmark_50484 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm

how are things going on the legal front now :?: :?:
Past
MK5 98 R reg Transit 190 LWB Semi hi Top
Mk5 98 S reg Transit 190 LWB High Cube
Present
Mk5 96 N Reg Transit Luton

Forum for bus enthusiasts and preservationists
www.busesuk.co.uk
madmark_50484
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby AmbulanceMan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:58 am

madmark_50484 wrote:how are things going on the legal front now :?: :?:

A friend of mine was hospitalized, and I spent time in London the last few weeks to visit him. Sadly he died. I need to get caught up a bit. I'm getting out my diary to get the relevant dates and events listed, and will see a solicitor shortly. Makes me sad to have to do it, but Moores Commercial have made absolutely no effort to rectify this mess they left me with.

added note: I made an appointment to see a solicitor next Monday. Will keep you posted.

AmbulanceMan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AmbulanceMan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:52 pm

OK I saw a solicitor, and he says there is no doubt that Moores Commercial are responsible to pay for the work that was needed to repair their shoddy work, and that they are also liable for all the bits they left me to fix and also liable for doing a job which was not fit for purpose and endangered life.

The solicitor suggests I write to them and point out that legal action in small claims court will involve an expert's reports and the costs of filing of the case, all of which will be expenses Moores Commercial will have to pay, if they do not settle this out of court. He says the judges appreciate it if you give people ample opportunity to settle.

He also said that in a small community like this, if I just told everyone I know about their bad service, that this would take its toll.

Will get on to that letter shortly.
AmbulanceMan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AmbulanceMan » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Things are moving forward. More news soon.
AmbulanceMan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby madmark_50484 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Ambulanceman did you ever get them sods to pay up :?:

Hows the van now going alright :?:
Past
MK5 98 R reg Transit 190 LWB Semi hi Top
Mk5 98 S reg Transit 190 LWB High Cube
Present
Mk5 96 N Reg Transit Luton

Forum for bus enthusiasts and preservationists
www.busesuk.co.uk
madmark_50484
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Trinny » Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Yes we want.....need... closure on this!
Trinny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jerry2 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Crikey what a saga.
I like the idea of phoning them for a drop prop special.
All they had to do was read the comments people have posted and if they needed help it was here.
It seems they haven't got a clue what they are doing . If they can't weld properly which must be a very common thing for a garage to do, and they bodge things like the prop mounting poor welding instead of bolting it and they bodged the electrics how are these peolple still trading?
They had plenty of chances to come clean but seems they were too stubborn to admit they needed help even after you offering it.
I'm an electrician by trade and some of the work I come across by other so called electricians is amazingly poor.
Anyone can call themselves a trade person but only the ones who do a proper job at a fair rate deserve the recognition, everyone else should leave well alone and stop pretending to be something there not in this case mechanics.
I do all my own mechanics but don't claim to be one.
Good luck with your claim
jerry2
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Altransit » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:54 pm

What a shame that we never saw a conclusion to this :( :(
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Mk 1 & 2