*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk2 Autohome Delphi camper restoration from norway

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Mk2 Autohome Delphi camper restoration from norway

Postby cyberchild » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 am

I have used some years on this camper from norway. looking for some other who has delphi motorhome edition.

I just showing some pictures of my very spesial transit. i live in it everyday and work on it when i want. i love transit. i have over 300 pictures of the restoration. one thing led to another and you know...... now i have 3 pc atboard. 21 loudspeakers. 30 at the most party mode. 6bolts axle from mk3. many custom parts. to long to list here. have to see the respond in this forum. i had my pictures on ford motorsport forum in norway and they were in nirvana. from junk to a rolling home !!!!
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Mk2 Autohome Delphi camper restoration from norway

Postby cyberchild » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 am

I was wondering. it says delphi on the side and i have lockheed brakes on front. Delphi ?? Lockheed ?? none of my other transits i had this delphi/lockheed thing.... i was looking on the internet for some answer but no luck... is delphi the manufacturer of the house on the transit?? and lockheed brakes ?? it stands lockheed with large letters on the calippers, pretty nice vs mk3 calipers as they look like sh*t.

Have anyone some links and history about Delphi and lockheed ???

And also the old rims had military green paint. and some numbers on the rollbar is military too. It came from sveits in 1984
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:54 am

Our brakes are either lockheed or bendix, they are the manufacturers who make for Ford, and I get generic parts now for the brakes form one or the other. I have never seen those wheels (6 stud single) on a camper before. The hubs look like twin wheel ones.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby cyberchild » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 pm

It`s a axle from a transit -87 Mk3 Pickup. Alot much wider than my orginal mk2 axle. some welding have to do. the leafspring and suspension are much wider on this camper, I have military reinforced monroe suspension, and 4 leafs and a riser in the back. the car is much better to drive. I have also the 6 bolts in front too, but not on my car right now. but that`s much wider too. soo i have to take out the mk3 hub and fit it on my mk2 frontaxle. I was wondering about the brakes. are they much stronger on a -87 mk3 Pickup ??? vs mk2
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cyberchild » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 am

I have been on internet for hours now. i cannot find a similar one like this. It says Delphi on the side of the camper house. What factory made those. i have been on delphi webpage but nothing !!! NOTHING !!!!! no email either.
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm

cyberchild wrote:It`s a axle from a transit -87 Mk3 Pickup. Alot much wider than my orginal mk2 axle. some welding have to do. the leafspring and suspension are much wider on this camper, I have military reinforced monroe suspension, and 4 leafs and a riser in the back. the car is much better to drive. I have also the 6 bolts in front too, but not on my car right now. but that`s much wider too. soo i have to take out the mk3 hub and fit it on my mk2 frontaxle. I was wondering about the brakes. are they much stronger on a -87 mk3 Pickup ??? vs mk2

Now I am thinking it's really a twin wheel axle. The single wheel axles are 5 stud, though the chassis cabs were both, and single or twin wheel axle should fit under the arch fine. Are the wheel studs longer than the wheel?
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby The Docmeister » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Looks more like an early CI Autohome body, unusual to see one on a MK2 platform. Perhaps it's been rebuilt at some point in the past...

http://www.transitvanclub.co.uk/clasictransit80.jpg
The Docmeister
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cyberchild » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:35 pm

FredTransit wrote:
cyberchild wrote:It`s a axle from a transit -87 Mk3 Pickup. Alot much wider than my orginal mk2 axle. some welding have to do. the leafspring and suspension are much wider on this camper, I have military reinforced monroe suspension, and 4 leafs and a riser in the back. the car is much better to drive. I have also the 6 bolts in front too, but not on my car right now. but that`s much wider too. soo i have to take out the mk3 hub and fit it on my mk2 frontaxle. I was wondering about the brakes. are they much stronger on a -87 mk3 Pickup ??? vs mk2

Now I am thinking it's really a twin wheel axle. The single wheel axles are 5 stud, though the chassis cabs were both, and single or twin wheel axle should fit under the arch fine. Are the wheel studs longer than the wheel?

look here !!
uuuh well. i don`t fint any transit pickup on the internet. was this transit rare, previous owner said so ??? 1987 i think. with some heavy duty leafs in back. i regret i throw them away becauce that was widening leafs reinforced. 10cm on each side.... Aaaah thats because of the axle is much wider than orginal transit axle.
But i cannot find any picture of anyone other with that axle. My buddy has a 2004 mod transit and it`s one of those axles. looks completly the same.

And its correct it`s a early CI autohome. it came from svitzerland, and this scientist travelled around in africa in 10 years with this ride. Have not seen anything with mk2 just mk1`s. Is this perhaps customized maybe in svitzerland ?? i don`t know
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cyberchild » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Here`s picture from the axle. Yes it`s a transit pickup 6 bolts Axle. but i never have seen it elsewhere on mk3 only mk5 if that`s 2004 mod.

it have runned 51.000 km. I have those in front too, the whole axle and stuff too but it is too wide, so i have to take the hubs and shift over..... and now the question... on my camper it said on the side....

i cannot find anything manufactured from delphi, it`s an Ci autohome manufactured in germany koln.
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Looks like the axle should be twin wheel to me, it's what I am used to seeing.
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby cyberchild » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 pm

And i was looking on the internet, but i cannot find this axle and then i remember..... I previous owner said it was from germany and look at these rims !!!!! lemmers.... i cannot find those either on the internet...

Made in france
cyberchild
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:58 pm

They are twin wheel stud pattern.
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 pm

axle is a 6 stud single they do make them like that for transits :D

nice work cyberchild btw 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby cornishrob123 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Anyone tell me anything about mk5 Auto home travel home on swb chassis cab 1988 with a 2 ltr pinto engine .I cant find anything about them at all.
cornishrob123

Postby pelmetman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:59 am

cornishrob123 wrote:Anyone tell me anything about mk5 Auto home travel home on swb chassis cab 1988 with a 2 ltr pinto engine .I cant find anything about them at all.

I have a 2.5 diesel MK5 Travelhome by Autohomes of Poole in Dorset, mine is a 1990 model built on a MK3 SWB Transit, the firm went bust 1992.

They were available with the 2 ltr pinto and automatic, there is one on ebay at the moment .....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit- ... 33a73091ba
TOWIE Transit club member .......

Fanny a 99 LWB Semi high roof MK 5......Essex V6 auto
Horace a 90 SWB Ford Travelhome MK 3....2.5 diesel manual
pelmetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk 1 & 2