*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Air conditioning on a mk3??

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Air conditioning on a mk3??

Postby Hellblazzer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 pm

Hello there mates.

I have a 1986 Transit finishing its restoring, I really love this van, been in the family prior to myself :lol:
She now has a banana manifold engine and power steering from a 91-94 model... Everything going smooth until here. Now I am going for the crazy part ahahaha. I really want to enjoy some road trips with my other half and down here there is a lot of heat (Portugal, and I might go to Spain, Italy, whatever! :lol: ).

I am a refrigeration technician, but I am lost on this, the original parts are worse than scarce...
I also thought about those "new" 12vdc danfoss compressors but I would prefer a original look on it, also don't want to cut the roof for auto caravan like solution.
Anyone got any tips? Any photos on the compressor, evap, etc? I got the haynes manual but it lacks that part, gotta get the ford TIS software installed again. But still, what could be better? Install a mk5/smiley kit? But the evaporator should be difference because of the newer dash, no?

Regards and I thank You in advance!
-1986 Mk3 2.5di 80ps banana engine and some more mods-
Hellblazzer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Air conditioning on a mk3??

Postby DodgeRover » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:25 pm

Aftermarket under dash ac units are available then you can use whatever other compressor etc you can make fit.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Air conditioning on a mk3??

Postby Hellblazzer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Thank you for the answer.
Is it something like this you mean?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Vinta ... 1438.l2649
-1986 Mk3 2.5di 80ps banana engine and some more mods-
Hellblazzer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict