
soooo wrote:Hi
I did replace a new cambelt and an automatic tensioner yesterday but now that damn red light / engine light shining all the time. Before cambelt change this red light came on after 5-50min of drive. Sometimes never.
Did i something wrong?
- Removed crank angle sensor and put in 13mm drill to lock crankshaft. This should be quite clear.
- Locked camshaft pulley with 8mm bolt. This should be also quite clear.
but what about pump timing? I did lock it with 6mm bolt in the "timing hole", is this correct? Old cambelt / timing were installed same marks.
Thanks in advance!

soooo wrote:Hi
I did replace a new cambelt and an automatic tensioner yesterday but now that damn red light / engine light shining all the time. Before cambelt change this red light came on after 5-50min of drive. Sometimes never.
Did i something wrong?
- Removed crank angle sensor and put in 13mm drill to lock crankshaft. This should be quite clear.
- Locked camshaft pulley with 8mm bolt. This should be also quite clear.
but what about pump timing? I did lock it with 6mm bolt in the "timing hole", is this correct? Old cambelt / timing were installed same marks.
Thanks in advance!





sjs205 wrote:What is step 2 in diagram 4?
Cheers



sjs205 wrote:How tight should it be? I just turned it so that the allen key bit of the cam was facing the belt - is that too tight?


sjs205 wrote:ok, i'll do that. I am using a 9mm and 10mm for the flywheel as i don't have a 13, could being out by that 3mm make that much difference. Also, how much could the timing be out without causing any damage to the valves or pushrods?
Cheers

Guy88 wrote:sjs205 wrote:ok, i'll do that. I am using a 9mm and 10mm for the flywheel as i don't have a 13, could being out by that 3mm make that much difference. Also, how much could the timing be out without causing any damage to the valves or pushrods?
Cheers
they have to be exactly the right size![]()
before attempting it again make sure you have the correct size NEW drills

sjs205 wrote:Guy88 wrote:sjs205 wrote:ok, i'll do that. I am using a 9mm and 10mm for the flywheel as i don't have a 13, could being out by that 3mm make that much difference. Also, how much could the timing be out without causing any damage to the valves or pushrods?
Cheers
they have to be exactly the right size![]()
before attempting it again make sure you have the correct size NEW drills
I'll get that today. The belt has been on for about a week but only done about 20 miles... Think it'll be alright?



soooo wrote:Hi
I did replace a new cambelt and an automatic tensioner yesterday but now that damn red light / engine light shining all the time. Before cambelt change this red light came on after 5-50min of drive. Sometimes never.
Did i something wrong?
- Removed crank angle sensor and put in 13mm drill to lock crankshaft. This should be quite clear.
- Locked camshaft pulley with 8mm bolt. This should be also quite clear.
but what about pump timing? I did lock it with 6mm bolt in the "timing hole", is this correct? Old cambelt / timing were installed same marks.
Thanks in advance!



Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]
This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.