*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tires... will they fit? 215/75 R15 BFGoodrich All terrain

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Tires... will they fit? 215/75 R15 BFGoodrich All terrai

Postby eresseraca » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 am

Absolutely, I'll shoot some for you when the time comes for summer tires :)
eresseraca

Postby brickent » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 am

Any update? Any rubbing issue? I had a set of toyo tires AT on another rig and had no problems with them. Too bad because they might not fit on our Transit, so I'm thinking of getting the Bridgestone or Hankook.
brickent
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

225/75 R15 Bridgestone Duelers fit

Postby eresseraca » Mon May 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Sorry, been busy and never got around to take a pic nor post it.

Spring arrived and the studded Nokian are in storage. I went with Bridgestone Duelers in the end, took a bit of a risk with 225/75R15 but they have a decent load rating and look nice and beefy. It's a tight fit and they do rubs occasionally in the front at full turn on a bumpy gravel parking lot, but nothing that I worry about so far. Keep in mind we use it for adventure more than a max loaded hauler. So the story might be different for someone who haul a lot of stuff around all the time :)

The van is still unpolished at matte in this pic but had a good two days of Autoglym Super Resin Polish last weekend so it's sparkling at the moment ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eresseraca

Postby Mfr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Very nice, I like the wheel nut covers. They the ones one ebay atm? Thanks for the pics very smart van there. :)
Mfr
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby eresseraca » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate it!

Yup, those are the wheel nut covers I posted a link to earlier, I think I ended up ordering them from Aliexpress.com in thje end, as they were a lil cheaper there, but the same ones for sure. They had silver colored ones as well, but unfortunately only for smaller sizes. So I had to take grey ones but they look pretty nice as well. I did the axles and drums with a rotating steel brush and sprayed em hammerite silver at the same time I swapped to the Duelers. Well worth it, looks so much fresher now 8)
eresseraca

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits