*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk3 Security

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Mk3 Security

Postby dumper » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 pm

On my mk3 I put a master switch in the battery earth lead fitted in the cab and run the earth leads thro the bulkhead and across the terminals I fitted a inline fuse to power the radio and clock
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ceurieusneus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

I am more afraid what they could steal out of my camper :(
Realistic, if they want to steal a camper/van, why would they steal a 20 to 30 year old one?
That's why I made sure, I can lock the door between driving and living compartment (see my ambulance conversion) and have the extra locks on the side door and back doors. :mrgreen:
The front doors, I find them quasi impossible to protect.
I do have a battery lock, only to protect the van's elektro system. As a precaution to theft I find them useless... To easy to bypass (sorry) :?
IMG_6903 (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Writing was not invented to look for spelling errors :wink:
Ford Anglia '62, Mercedes 200 '86, Transit ambulance/camper '88, Mercedes CE300 '89, caravan Puck '75
My ambulance conversion
ceurieusneus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sportscott » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:47 pm

ceurieusneus wrote:I am more afraid what they could steal out of my camper :(
Realistic, if they want to steal a camper/van, why would they steal a 20 to 30 year old one?
That's why I made sure, I can lock the door between driving and living compartment (see my ambulance conversion) and have the extra locks on the side door and back doors. :mrgreen:
I do have a battery lock, only to protect the van's elektro system. As a precaution to theft I find them useless... To easy to bypass (sorry) :?
IMG_6903 (2).JPG

I bet I could get in through your side door, just need to get a hold on the top left corner or top right if it's RHD, and pull it down or have you an extra lock there? haven't you seen the way they break into Vans in the UK, it's called "Peeling" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob4TBc7SL_0
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ceurieusneus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:09 pm

sportscott wrote:
IMG_6903 (2).JPG

I bet I could get in through your side door, just need to get a hold on the top left corner or top right if it's RHD, and pull it down or have you an extra lock there? haven't you seen the way they break into Vans in the UK, it's called "Peeling" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob4TBc7SL_0

Thank you Scot for enlighten me that you could get into my camper :D
I have to turn down your bet as to damaging to my ambulance. :wink:
I sincerely hope they will use a crowbar and smash a window for entering...(much less damage and cheaper to repair) :twisted:
Writing was not invented to look for spelling errors :wink:
Ford Anglia '62, Mercedes 200 '86, Transit ambulance/camper '88, Mercedes CE300 '89, caravan Puck '75
My ambulance conversion
ceurieusneus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sportscott » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 pm

ceurieusneus wrote:
sportscott wrote:
IMG_6903 (2).JPG

Thank you Scot for enlighten me that you could get into my camper :D
I have to turn down your bet as to damaging to my ambulance. :wink:
I sincerely hope they will use a crowbar and smash a window for entering...(much less damage and cheaper to repair) :twisted:

Don't need a crowbar for that either, just flick a tiny piece of broken white ceramic from a sparkplug at it :lol:
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits