*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Still loving it after all these years but....

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Still loving it after all these years but....

Postby sportscott » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm still driving my beloved 2.0 dohc mk5 but at nearly 20 years old it's suffering a little bit of fatique, nothing major just niggly little bits.
1. Need to replace the cable that opens the front drivers door from inside. Can I disassemble the white plastic housing to remove the cable, I have central locking and looking to save a dollar on a replacement and thinking about buying a secondhand manual unit from the passenger side as would have less use and less likely to break and just use the cable. As it is have to open the window and open it from outside, pretty dangerous as did it in Norway and the wind took it and smashed the mirror on a brand new Volvo estate, luckily nobody seen me :oops:
2. The centre propshaft bearing needs replacing
3. Need to rebuild the front calipers as one was not releasing and wore down to metal, bought a new set of Pads from Mainstealer in Norway, 140 pounds or 1400 Nok :(
4. Need to replace the ventilator switch, remember doing it on my 85hp TD with airco and wasn't that easy, Haynes manual is pretty vague so what is the easiest way to get it out?
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits