*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hi all I'm les

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Hi all I'm les

Postby lesliequinn2705 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 am

I purchased a 1999 2.5 diesel transit in January and had a new flyby wire fitted after 180ks as the vehicle would idle but no acceleration I drove it another 80ks and had a new ecu fitted on Saturday I replaced and still have not got full power where do I go from here I've run out of cash I'm a disabled pensioner and I live in the van I need help PLEASE

Sent from my ZTE Blade A475 using Tapatalk
lesliequinn2705

Re: Hi all I'm les

Postby Mfr » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 am

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your woes. If you could give us some more info that would help, does the engine light stay on all the time or does it go out after 5 seconds after starting? Is it a lack of power throughout the rpm range or will it refuse to go over a certain rpm? If you let us know where you are there could be someone with an old ids2000 scanner nearby to diagnose it.
If all else fails the Bosch fuel pump (non electric :D ) can be fitted bypassing all the elecamatricky. I'm hopeful it won't have to come to that since you spent so much all ready.
Mfr
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby twin wheel camper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Being this guy is a disabled pensioner lets hope it isn't a auto transit or no Bosch :(
Yea the engine light on dash should be on with the dash lights and then go off when the engine starts if it's either not coming on at all or staying on then It does require more investigation
Hopefully the bulb hasn't being removed to hide a fault (common enough) but first more info required as MFR said
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby wazzadj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Welcome aboard the transit forum ride Les
ok try this my fellow fly by wire friend
if you have a epic pump the fuel solinoid plunger is putting the pump ecu into limp mode
so you will need to replace the O ring on the electronic solinoid plunger assy
Easy job if ou hold your tounge the right way and follow the following instructions on the forum here

If this doesnt work possibly the Accelerator Micro switch assy sticking or not functioning correctly
hard to tell without as stated above posts a diagnostics light on dash ECU MIL stays on after van engine running
when you turn Engine off does the engine still stay on for a few secs after key turned off ?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=164093

Cheers
Wazza
1994 MK4 2.5DI Auto High Roof Australian Style 1996 2.5 TDI with rebuilt AUTO Bring on the power !!!!
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi Les,

You mentioned you travelled 80k, you posted at 3:30 AM Uk time and the device Tapatalk says you use I've never heard of and a quick Google reveals you can get it from Telstra. I guess from all of that you're in Australia? If so I don't know if there's anyone here on the forums who has a scanner that can hook up to the van... But hopefully you won't need that :)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MinorMatt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Les, any other symptoms?
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits