*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Battery gauge

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Battery gauge

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Me too. I want to find out where I can get decent cable in red and black. Must have a look through the Bay of E ...
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby F111ORY » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Here you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-Hi-Flex-C ... xydlFSqNCQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-Hi-Flex-C ... xyUrZSqNEi

Im tempted to offer a cable making service but due to the multiple leads connected at the battery end its a tricky job. I will try to remember to take some pictures of how I got round it.
F111ORY
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby DodgeRover » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:27 pm

CamperVanBeethoven wrote:Me too. I want to find out where I can get decent cable in red and black. Must have a look through the Bay of E ...

Just buy whatever cable you can find then put coloured heat shrink over the length of it?
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 pm

DodgeRover wrote:
CamperVanBeethoven wrote:Me too. I want to find out where I can get decent cable in red and black. Must have a look through the Bay of E ...

Just buy whatever cable you can find then put coloured heat shrink over the length of it?

That'd be expensive :D

When I get the van back, I want to run decent sized cables to the leisure battery in the back. The electrics are a mess and I don't even understand how they work. Will be spending a lot of rebuild time just trying to figure it out! But one thing I would like to do is tidy up the current wiring with nice new shiny cables. Will probably be able to borrow the crimping tools to make them up... with luck :)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits