*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Time to say goodbye

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Time to say goodbye

Postby wazzadj » Tue May 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Well guys
I cant find anyone to help me with my engine issue, and i am tired of pulling it apart just to fix something simple that turns out dam hard to fix and to find anyone interested in helping me in the real world very rare

The Engine is in pieces while i wait for the soloution to a oil return issue, which just seems too Hard and the $$$ to fix

So its off to the wrecking Yard ,

:roll: Thousands of dollars spent 100s of $$$$ in spare parts New tranny spare epic fuel pumps 2 alternators 2 ECU
and the list goes on OH and a spare working 2.5DI engine

Cant be fagged pulling them out and selling , just to wait for some tire kicker to jerk me around
So its all getting crushed

Thanks for my time on here and the assistance you have provided over the years
all the Best Transit Owners
Wazza OUT !!!!! :shock:
1994 MK4 2.5DI Auto High Roof Australian Style 1996 2.5 TDI with rebuilt AUTO Bring on the power !!!!
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Time to say goodbye

Postby jonochap » Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 pm

I hear your pain Wazza and if you do follow through on the decision I hope you get a better van next I was chatting to the very nice people in my local factors and they supported the view that the moment you have trouble...get shot of the car. An interesting perspective and good luck to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owner of not so troubled puk :)
jonochap
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby vanfox » Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 am

Having reread your postings I believe you were lead down too many blind alleys. As a last resort just rebuild the engine and run it. If oil is circulating then you have (as I originally thought) no problem. If oil ain't circulating then no matter as it's off to transit heaven.
vanfox
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby wazzadj » Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 am

Thanks Van will do slap her back together and see if the bitch will start and if she runs and theres oil in them hills i will be happy i will pull out oil temp switch and check with pressure guage whats going on

cheers
wazza
1994 MK4 2.5DI Auto High Roof Australian Style 1996 2.5 TDI with rebuilt AUTO Bring on the power !!!!
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby twin wheel camper » Wed May 24, 2017 5:28 pm

vanfox wrote:Having reread your postings I believe you were lead down too many blind alleys. As a last resort just rebuild the engine and run it. If oil is circulating then you have (as I originally thought) no problem. If oil ain't circulating then no matter as it's off to transit heaven.

That's good advice I also think there isn't much wrong with your engine
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ernie b » Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Don't forget option V.
V8 you know you wanna :twisted:
I'd lean towards the Lexus V8, silky smooth, automatic and popular in your neck of the woods
Apparently there is one in a mk6 so we can't let those boys get one up on us

Was sorry to hear about your troubles by the way, they do test us at times
ernie b
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ceurieusneus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:35 am

vanfox wrote:Having reread your postings I believe you were lead down too many blind alleys. As a last resort just rebuild the engine and run it. If oil is circulating then you have (as I originally thought) no problem. If oil ain't circulating then no matter as it's off to transit heaven.

Just got on line for half an hour...
If some parts of the engine are not lubricated there is a big problem... :mrgreen:
Without locating the problem it was a waist of time...
Hopefully, I will (in future) read it turned out OK... :?
Writing was not invented to look for spelling errors :wink:
Ford Anglia '62, Mercedes 200 '86, Transit ambulance/camper '88, Mercedes CE300 '89, caravan Puck '75
My ambulance conversion
ceurieusneus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wazzadj » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:43 am

Looks like i found the problems and fixed
So put her back together all working again and wow i have an oil flow
Now the decision to Stay or Go Have a lot of tyre kickers saying they want it LOL
looks like i might just keep it as an ongoing project

cheers
wazza
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ceurieusneus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:17 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Ford Anglia '62, Mercedes 200 '86, Transit ambulance/camper '88, Mercedes CE300 '89, caravan Puck '75
My ambulance conversion
ceurieusneus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jonochap » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owner of not so troubled puk :)
jonochap
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby 97transit2.5D » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:11 am

the only way to same money is to do it ur self .

these are the diesel fundamentals--> are compressions good? is air in the system ? is fuel flowing? is fuel delivery system pump & injectors working??
(assuming batt connection and batt fine)

the smiley starts. my cylinder #1 has been cooked for the last 12 yrs...it was like that when i got it. gear box synchro and cones dont mesh. 12yrs ago!

only routine i have..put in castrol semi synthetic every 6 months (buy it and store it when come on special for $25), new oil filter, new air cleaner(once per year), (becasue oil back-blows flows into cleaner through butterfly ).

just brought 3 gear boxes for $100. second hand FORD alt with vacc pump $180

bottom line thought is if its a 2.5d high cube transit (can stand upright in it) 190 model..you will always sell it for $7000+TO--> backpackers,tradies and people without a home...who will always buy it to park it in their back yard...cheaper than carravan..(needs no permit)..mine sleeps 4 ,has a diesel heater,kitchen ...stores plaster board 2.7m high by 3m log,tows a boat,carries a paint sprayer system..uses 10 per 100 in city and 9 in open road...has 220W sanyo solar panel from the japanese sunami sale

and best of all can be used with fish n chip oil , canola reap and any other veg oil, old kerosine, as long as its gravity filtered to 30% of the total...so in the zombi apocalipse you will be able to srounge and escpae the zombies..hehe..good luck (apologies for poor spelling and grammaaaar)
97transit2.5D
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wazzadj » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Luv it now i dont have to worry about the Zombies 97ltran Just those blood sucking Vampires that come out at night looking for a cheap place to sleep :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ceurieusneus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 am

Hi Wazza,

Now that the problem is solved, would you be so kind to tell us what was wrong? :? :roll:
Someone screwed up on this engine... :mrgreen:
The cheapest way of learning is by someone else's mistakes... :)
I think we all made plenty off them :mrgreen: :oops:
If you do not like to put it on the forum, please PM (private message) it to the people who spend here time trying to help... 8)
Cheers
My ambulance conversion
ceurieusneus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:34 pm

97transit2.5D wrote:and best of all can be used with fish n chip oil , canola reap and any other veg oil, old kerosine, as long as its gravity filtered to 30% of the total...so in the zombi apocalipse you will be able to srounge and escpae the zombies..hehe..good luck (apologies for poor spelling and grammaaaar)

Not with an EPIC it can't
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wazzadj » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:10 am

Sorry guys , meant to tell you in last post , there is an oil gallery sleeve that runs the feed from the pump to the filter and back through to the engine
I found some numb nuts had put a bolt in where the oil gallery feed is near the oil filter way to long and had used silicon all over the bolt so it was obstructing the flow of oil, the oil filter was screwed in that tight i nearly broke my oil filter wrench getting it off it was badly clogged and warped at the nut end
and to top it off the alternator servo was screwed due to now flow of oil into her, so replaced the alternator vacum pump
servo
new Oil pump engine cover and pulley new Viscous fan
and now shes running like a dream

oil pressure test reveals the following on the guage
at ideal with thermostat open 1.2Bar at rev 2000rpm 4 Bar
so happy with that result
I am a little concerned with the temperature of the engine 90c once the engine has done some work driving at 100km
But thats another topic i will post

Again thankyou too all who pondered the meaning of Life over this engine Much appreciate the words of wisdom
cheers
Wazza
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits