*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2 din car stereo in mk5 smiley camper

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

2 din car stereo in mk5 smiley camper

Postby miguelcnc » Fri May 26, 2017 6:44 am

Hi , anyone know if exist a adapter for close the gap if i install a 2 din stereo with navigator in mk5 smiley camper ? I search in amazon , ebay and other , without results , anyone can help me ?? Thanks in advance
miguelcnc

Re: 2 din car stereo in mk5 smiley camper

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Fri May 26, 2017 7:03 am

if you mean 'an adapter plate to fit the stereo in ...'? I couldn't find one either!

The best I could manage was to buy one for a Ford Focus, fit it upside down, make up some new, longer retaining tabs and Superglue them on (the retaining tabs at the bottom (which was originally the top ...) were too short). So, the stereo's at an angle, but it fits. More or less...

If anyone knows where I can get a proper one, please do let us know ;)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Fri May 26, 2017 8:05 am

Actually having looked at pictures, mine is not upside down ... So, a Ford Focus one (can't remember what year) will fit, with some adapting ... but you probably also want something to prop the unit up, so it's not slanted. I must get around to doing that myself ;)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mr RVM » Mon May 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Do you mean one of these... ebay item number 37145438999
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dirtydog » Mon May 29, 2017 10:05 pm

There is no adapter available to fit a 2 din stereo in toma mk5 dash. You can trim the top/bottom lip of dash so it fits but you'll have gaps at the sides of the stereo.

I fitted a 2 din into my mk5 but I had to modify the dash for it to fit properly
2006 Mk7 115 350 lwb, med high top
2006 Mk7 110 350 lwb, high top camper
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby eresseraca » Tue May 30, 2017 7:34 pm

I bought a cheap navi from ebay, 2din or 1.9din according to revidws and people who had a 2din to compare to ;)

Ended up filing a little bit in installing it sticking out a bi. Fastened it to the fascia with L-shaped brackets.

If you want it to go flush you need to do a lot of modding an plastic weldling as the fascia is rounded and the navi is most likely gonna have a straight upper and lower frame. That's why I felt it was both easier and neater to leave it sticking out a bit. Otherwise the fascia need to be reshaped so the area at least above the radio is flat not rounded
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eresseraca

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits