*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 urgent advice needed!

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Mk5 urgent advice needed!

Postby gavcarter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:14 pm

So I was checking air filters etc as I've just got van, little guy was "helping" and has clouted number 1 injector with a ratchet. The nipple for leak off has snapped off, the pipe appears thinner than the ones that run from injector to injector
Diesel comes out from the long pipe when running rather than spurting from the injector as expected. I have superglue the nipple and tube back on as best I can to try and contain the diesel.
Any ideas where I can get new ones or is it a whole injector I now need, and is this likely to cause any problems other than filling the engine bay with diesel?
gavcarter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Mk5 urgent advice needed!

Postby gavcarter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:26 pm

This is pipe, ran engine for few minutes no more diesel spraying around. I don't really understand why the diesel cam from that pipe though, I would have thought that would return to tank or filter?
I am open to a walkthrough of the mk5 injection system :oops:

20170715_162328.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gavcarter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Noctule » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:40 pm

That pipe opens the return circuit to the outside world, so some may come out rather than running down to the tank.

As a quick fix glue a self tapper into the hole left by the broken nipple and attach the return pipe to the injector at the far end of the engine, all have 2 nipples, the unused one at the back of the engine should have a rubber cap on it.

A previous owner has done it on our engine with no ill effect.
2000 Mk5 HiCube self-build camper
- 2.5tdi 4EA with EPIC-to-Bosch conversion
- DRW with 16" rims
- Mondeo instrument cluster
- Lunar Meteorite interior

2006 Mk7 115t350 van (cheap tax tramp)

Previously...
Mk5 100 swb Custom
Mk5 190 lwb x3
Noctule
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby gavcarter » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks! Managed to pull the nipple out the pipe and glue it back together, seems to be holding for now. If it pops off theres plenty self tappers in the van so that's really handy to know!
gavcarter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits