*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Axle widths

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Axle widths

Postby gavcarter » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:30 am

So the mk6 project is getting there, final bits of welding and then a quick spray over left to do. I am using a mk5 in the meantime and to be honest I think I like the 5 better!
If I take on the mk5 as a project I want to change diff and turbo it as it very slow and motorway use is terrible. It has 4.56 diff and is comfortable up to about 60. I'd like to be cruising at 70 without revving it's tits off...

As mk6 axles are a lot easier to get hold off I am wondering anyone has the widths to hand? Save me crawling under both my vans in the wet?

The mk5 is a single wheel 14"
gavcarter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Axle widths

Postby Stule » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 am

gavcarter wrote:So the mk6 project is getting there, final bits of welding and then a quick spray over left to do. I am using a mk5 in the meantime and to be honest I think I like the 5 better!
If I take on the mk5 as a project I want to change diff and turbo it as it very slow and motorway use is terrible. It has 4.56 diff and is comfortable up to about 60. I'd like to be cruising at 70 without revving it's tits off...

As mk6 axles are a lot easier to get hold off I am wondering anyone has the widths to hand? Save me crawling under both my vans in the wet?

The mk5 is a single wheel 14"

Mate did you ever came to bottom of this. Can a MK6 axle e put on MK5 whats with width spring hangers prop flange etc?
Stule
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Axle widths

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 pm

The tallest ratio in a mk6 is 4.63... not much taller than you already have.

Keep an eye out for a 4.11 or even 3.9 diff to suit yours?
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits