*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Epic pump info

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Epic pump info

Postby reevo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Good evening all. I have recently bought an M reg transit campervan, it's a mk4 by all accounts. I've pulled the engine out to tidy up the bay and do some welding. While I had the engine out I gave it a good old clean, blanked the egr off and changed the timing belt. Being a bit careless, I managed to get the timing out. Didn't realise until I fired it up and engine management light came on. I've now corrected my cock up but the light is still on and it's in line mode.

Can someone please confirm that the light should go out if the timing is fixed or will it still need resetting. I'm 100% confident that the timing is right now and the engine is running smoothly. I would of thought that if I had damaged a valve or rocker, The engine would be noticeable running rough??? I can't get to ford until the week after next to get the ecu read, I'm assuming the light is from the timing issue but it could be something else, so I just wanted to confirm the self reset thing, getting mixed answers on searching the Web.
04 Reg 90T350 moondust silver. remaped by ECU Flash. single mass clutch conversion.

always on the go, be it on 2 wheels or 4.
reevo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Epic pump info

Postby twin wheel camper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 pm

When the fault is sorted it will go out of limp mode but the light will stay on for 3-5 seconds but will drive no problem full power.
Going to ford might be a waste because most probably won’t have the correct code reader for a epic transit.
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby reevo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 pm

I have drove mine for about a mile and it's still in limp mode. Think I need to get the codes read before I strip it again. I'm confident it's not timing, I did 6 rotations and the locking pins lined up every time.
Thanks for replying.
04 Reg 90T350 moondust silver. remaped by ECU Flash. single mass clutch conversion.

reevo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby reevo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:19 pm

So I've had the codes read and it's coming back with 41, this is crankshaft position sensor. Stripped the thing down again to check the timing and it's still bang on. So it must be a faulty crankshaft sensor then, nope unless the brandfire new one I just bought is also faulty. With the engine running, I'm getting 9.3 volts off the loom plug. Before I go ahead and start looking for a pump to convert it to manual, can anyone offer any info. I don't seem to have a shim on my crankshaft sensor, is it possible that this could be the cause.

reevo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby reevo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:07 pm

It's fixed. I had put the wrong plug on the crank sensor. More pictures before I start next time.

reevo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits