*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK3 AMBULANCE WINDSCREEN HELP

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

MK3 AMBULANCE WINDSCREEN HELP

Postby Karlo65 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 pm

So I'm driving down a small country road, when I look to my right and see this big van type vehicle at the side of the road, just outside someone's farm. Being the salvage hunter I am, immediately fell in love with it. I got out and had a good look and realised it was actually an old ambulance!! Whipped my phone out and searched Google "perfect tool for a salvage hunter", I quickly realised I had stumbled upon a little diamond in the rough!

I immediately went and asked the farmer if the little beauty was for sale and to my surprise....she was! We agreed a price again a bit of a surprise, I got an extremely fair deal (don't think the farmer really knew what he had, just wanted the extra space by the sound of it!). Now so far I know she's an old Ambulance, runs well mechanically and was first registered in 1990 UK. During her time she had been converted from an ambulance to a mobile catering vehicle, (I believe a company called Mountain did the conversion). I plan to get this little beauty back on the open road, but in order to do that I need help! I will Add some pictures to this post in order to aid my mission. Because the Ambulance was converted I am struggling to find a Windscreen to replace the cracked one that is currently there. When you search for the Registration, you will get the original information of the vehicle which will lead you to believe you need the original windscreen, however this is not the case. I have been informed the windscreen i need, comes under a code (3728) To be honest...at this point, I don't even know of that is right, but if it is, I have checked sooo many suppliers and none of them have it in stock. CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THIS VEHICLE, SO THAT I MAY REVIVE HER FROM THE ASHES AND ALLOW HER TO COME BACK TO LIFE!?!?

My plan is to use her as a mobile catering vehicle, but in order to do that I need help from people that will know way more about this vehicle than I do at the moment. THANK YOU!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karlo65
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MK3 AMBULANCE WINDSCREEN HELP

Postby themountain » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi Karl,

How are you getting on with her? I have an identical one which I am currently converting into a campervan. Originally an ambulance and then used to move people round an old people's home. Less than 30K on the clock and incredibly solid.
themountain
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby angusp » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Not been on site since April 22nd 2018!
2000 mk5 100 swb, going.
2005 mk6 350 lwb, not going.
2005 mk6 280 lwb, gone bang.
1996 mk5 190 lwb, gone.
1998 mk5 80 swb, gone.
angusp
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby themountain » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:15 am

angusp wrote:Not been on site since April 22nd 2018!

Disappointing... Trying to chat with others who have the same! I did drop him a message so hopefully it pops up in his email and sparks interest.
themountain
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits