*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.5 di knocking under load

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

2.5 di knocking under load

Postby Andyx456 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:13 pm

So I have an ldv with the banana engine and gearbox it's done about 60,000 miles and lately it has developed a knock whilst under load the knock is not there while not in gear or while it's not working hard but as soon as you put your foot down it's there I have checked the injectors all are receiving diesel and there is no loss of power or smoke I changed the fuel filter and it has had a full service around 1k miles ago I removed the intake manifold and it seems clean enough however one pipe seems oily compared to the others I think my next step is to have a go at the tappets when the gasget arrives and fit a new exhaust as the current is blowing badly at the centre box the thrust bearing is also a bit loud
If anyone has any ideas what could be wrong I would appreciate some help as I'm no mechanic
here is a video of the noise the first bit is reving up in newtral the second is rideing the clutch and the noise that I'm worried about https://youtu.be/w01R4ZIDKTU
Andyx456

Re: 2.5 di knocking under load

Postby Aardvark » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Check your motor mounts.
Learning to love rust.........
Aardvark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: 2.5 di knocking under load

Postby Andyx456 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi thanks for the reply I have had a good check of the mounts and they all seem solid enough and have given int engine a good wobble and can't hear any similar knocking sound to my problem after removing the centre exhaust silencer I can hear the knock in the exhaust
Andyx456

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits