*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk 5 doc petrol transit

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

mk 5 doc petrol transit

Postby rex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 pm

been a transit owner for 15 years on our 4th at present.current daily driver is a semi hi top ex minibus with metallic blue paint abs /electric windows /air con/bullbars.it was register march 1995.in the glovebox is the original paperwork showing an Arab prince as the first owner.wondering if these sort of spec vans were built to order ? etc.hoping to make transit mania with van/ to finish were smiley duetto to camper vans fitted with these great engines which I love.
rex

Re: mk 5 doc petrol transit

Postby sportscott » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Most of the High spec Vans I have seen were sold in Holland, I had a dc 4:11 double cabin, metallic, abs, traction control, airco, alloys, electric windows, velours 4:11 axle, 85hp TD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPEnaaoPdYM&t=21s the video was made for the sale of the Van, and it sold within hours. My present Van is also in the video in the backround a 2.0 dohc which I've put a 9 seater Tourneo interior into. I probably would have kept the dc 4:11 had it been petrol.
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MinorMatt » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Apart from the bullbars (which are readily available aftermarket) - everything else is a factory option
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby sportscott » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:34 pm

MinorMatt wrote:Apart from the bullbars (which are readily available aftermarket) - everything else is a factory option

Exactly, Probably due to Tax benefits that they could load them up with all options in NL. due to it being a bestelwagon, the road tax was cheap but was quite a luxury car. And there is another Tax in Holland, Bpm which is based on the level of luxury that probably didn't apply to a commercial vehicle.
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits