*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Cold start valve

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Cold start valve

Postby eastkent » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:31 pm

cherniy_chack wrote:Hi,eastkent
I thought about the possible reasons for a bad cold start of your engine without a KSB and an excellent start when turning the gear lever with your hands.
I think the reason is that when you replaced the cam belt, the initial injection angle was incorrectly set.

A late injection was installed.
If the injection timing is set correctly, the motor at a temperature of -5 ° C starts up after 2 ... 5 seconds of the scrolling by the starter.
I recommend that you remove the timing belt protection and install the injection earlier.

I will certainly look at this in the coming weeks. I intend to change the timing belt in the near future so I'll make sure everything is timed properly.

It starts and runs perfectly above +5C.
eastkent
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Cold start valve

Postby twin wheel camper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:39 am

Any good well serviced transit di should start in any weather the U.K. in counters.
My epic turbo 98 hasn’t been started in weeks and yesterday evening it was around minus 3 or 4 and I tried to start the van and it jumped into life in less than 1 second 8) it’s a camper that’s not being used currently,my daily work truck is a Bosch’d turbo di with similar miles and is used every day and it takes in similar weather a good 5 seconds of churning before it starts :x and then it puffs out smoke and splutters for a while so must be getting air in the system somewhere :x
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits