*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sound clip,what's causing this noise when turning? help me:)

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Sound clip,what's causing this noise when turning? help me:)

Postby eresseraca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Alright, so I had front discs, pads and wheel bearings replaced a couple of weeks ago. A few days later an oil change and new coil springs (raising the front approx 20mm over stock) were fitted. Done by two different shops.

Now since a couple of days back when turning right there's a high pitch noise coming from the right wheel area.

I'm suspecting the new brake pad touching the rotor or something with the bearing, as it's not a creaking suspension kind of sound and it seems to quiet down if breaking at the same time when turning right. So I'm gonna take it back to the shop that did the brakes and bearings.

But wanted to check with all you guys who have lots of experience with Smileys. Is this a familiar sound to you that you can pin point right away? As noted above, it only happens when turning right and it comes from the right wheel area.

Here's a link to the sound: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40d37f2tp3fk7 ... squeal.wav
eresseraca

Re: Sound clip,what's causing this noise when turning? help

Postby eresseraca » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 am

Took it into the shop that put new discs and pads on, they checked it and said that it was indeed the cover plate that had been slightly bent and touched the rotor when turning and the weight shifted. Fixed it for free and all is good again!
eresseraca

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits