*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Interior Heater blowers not working !!

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Interior Heater blowers not working !!

Postby b0wleyj0 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:39 am

Hey guys I'm new to the group and I need help. The blowers in my smiley aren't working at all. When I move the switch from recycle to outside air you can here it doing something so that makes me think the switch Is working. Also I get voltage to the plug on the bottom left of the blower when I turn the switch on and off does that mean it's the fan motor that's dead?. It has an older style resistor that looks to be knackered. I would replace it but in New Zealand where I am they cost about 120 quid and I can't get one posted from uk as I have no address. Is there a way to bypass that entirely? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
b0wleyj0

Re: Interior Heater blowers not working !!

Postby vanfox » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:37 am

Use the advanced search function, top right and search for "Mk 5 heater blower" and my user name, vanfox. This will bring up pics of the heater motor, which has probably seized, and the screws to release it with a twist. Free it and lube it.
You end up staring at the clutch pedal !!
S'only one blower, the heater is an air mix system, hot water on all the time, hot and cold air mixed to set temp.
Plenty of other help using the search.
vanfox
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits