*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lost keys on mk5

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Lost keys on mk5

Postby s_bastian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:51 pm

indeed :) now I'll have to drill it out, and this worries me a little...

What annoys me most is that I'm 110% sure that the original keys will be found immediately after I'll make all substitutions.... :evil:
s_bastian

Re: Lost keys on mk5

Postby Stule » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Good you have no PATS. Thats always like so, you will find em later. If you need some more help, write ask no problem this forum is about help. Cheers
Stule
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Lost keys on mk5 - GOING TO SOLVE!!!!! :)

Postby s_bastian » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:50 pm

I just wanted to Thank everybody in this forum for the help. After a (too) long period of abandoning the issue due to lack of time, I was able to make a good step ahead.
I wasn't trusting my drilling abilities, my fear of breaking everything was TOO high, I discovered the Tibbe pick. Got one, 15 minutes to understand how it worked and the ignition barrel was in my hands.
Now it's time to buy a kit of barrels+keys. Original ford is asking me 150 euros so I think I'll get a cheaper one. Getting a new key cut from the code I got from the pick here in italy is nearly impossible, the only one I found doing it is charging me nearly the cost of two full sets of cheap barrels... I can find time to do the job, money isn't as easy to spare.
THANKS again to everybody for helping me sorting my doubts!
s_bastian

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits