*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

A4LDe gearbox

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: A4LDe gearbox

Postby AndyG » Sun May 18, 2008 1:22 am

Captain Beardy wrote:'Ello, Andy ,..

Are the servo mods the same for the earlier A4LD ?
( Same part numbers etc ? ).

As far as I know, the earlier boxes (A4ld) were fine :!: :D

But if it feels very "soft" going into overdrive/4th, or indeed beginning to slip :o and the band is adjusted correctly, then I can't really see any harm :!:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby Richieintransit » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am

Hi andy
the pics are very handy but which one is the overdrive the left or right as i'll crawl under and have a look tomorrow! I don't suppose you fancy coming down and helping me!!! do you have to do this mod with sump plate off or can you simply do it from outside the box? sounds a bit complex! my transit pulls fine in the gears at the mo and is a fantastic gearbox and i've driven thousands of automatics as i used to buy and sell sports cars! all auto's! but i know nothing about actually repairing them and once I had a capri auto and it would go for about half a mile then lose drive then after a few days would go again after i replaced the radiator it went fine before so these auto boxes scare me a bit as I don't weant to bugger up my tranny as it was quite expensive! how do i know if the bands are all adjusted correctly?
How much oil exactly do i need to put in once drained out? and how do i blow the pipes out?
thanks for the help
Richie
I love automatic transits,,, well not the mk 6 durashit
Richieintransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby AndyG » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 am

The mod is relatively easy and doesn't involve removing the sump :D

Overdrive servo is toward the engine, the other is your second gear (also refereed to as the intermediate :roll: servo ) Why don't they call them what they are :?: :roll: :lol: (was probably ok while the box was the 3 speed C3 I guess)
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby henrikhb » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 am

Hi Andyg

I am trying to solve the same problem with missing shift from 3 to 4 gear.
It worked before when I bought the car with mileage 56000 km

Car is Ford Turneo Transit LX 2.5 TD aut. Done 65.000 km
Comes from swedish defence with this low mileage.

I am going change transmission oil and filter, including a cleaning/flushing of the oil at a recommended workshop in Denmark.

Can I apply the parts with the Finis code you indicated insted of the version on the pictures ?
IMG_20170418_104159.jpg
IMG_20170418_104206.jpg

They are available at my ford sparepart dealer.

Does it make sence to clean the small filters at the solonoide ?

Kind regards
Henrik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
henrikhb

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits