*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mondeo Dash ...again.

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Mondeo Dash ...again.

Postby The General » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm

bez wrote:is there any thing you can add to make the rev counter read right mine reads 4800 rpm on tick over?is there a diode or some thing?

Did you manage to find a cure for this? I've just fitted a set of clocks and the same thing happens :evil:
The General
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bez » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 pm

ye today :lol: i fitted the proper transit tacho (not full clocks)to my mondeo clocks works mint and its on a late plug type alt.
if in doubt flat out!
bez
Cosworth Powered
Cosworth Powered

Postby The General » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:17 pm

I best keep looking for a proper set then :(
The General
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby the.little.fatboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:09 pm

when you say you fitted the the transit tacho do you mean the speedo thing thats in the transit already because i did that with the fuel guage to make it read right but when i wired the rev counter up and started up it was revving at 5000rpm then when i turned it off it was sitting at 3000rpm take the wire off turn key on and off it then drops down 2 the niddle i need help this annoying think the mondeo 1s came out a 2000 x reg and my truck is a 1999 t reg. here is some numbers if any 1 can make use of them the transit 1s are pressac 43-1449-b p1818c 8240100 the mondeo 1s are pressac 43-1446-b hope that makes since thanks jim also just iv just found this http://www.autotekelectronics.com/newau ... BP10C956HB if helps let me know
if it brakes fix it if you cant fix it scrap it and buy a ford transit
.................................................................................................
also collecting scrap metal in northampton and milton keynes area's
the.little.fatboy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby markbatty » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:31 pm

mine only has one plug with 2 wires in it plus the big live one could i put new clocks in ? ?
markbatty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dirtydog » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Right I've just got hold of some mondeo clocks and did a quick trial fit with them today. Get nothing from the rev counter except when I start it up it shoots all the way round to 6k but then just falls down to the bottom of the dial. The fuel guage is miles out, with my tranny dial I've got 1/4 of a tank with the mondy ones it says I have 3/4 of a tank. I've got the electronic speedo, my alternator has one big cable and then a plug with 2 thinner cables going in the side of it. Both plugs that plug into the clocks have a full compliment of wires going into them.

Anyone know what's going on with my clocks? What do I need to get them working?

And yes I have read all of this thread but now I'm just confused!
2006 Mk7 115 350 lwb, med high top
2006 Mk7 110 350 lwb, high top camper
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re:

Postby dirtydog » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Luke wrote:on MarkM's altenator what are these 2 wires :?: anyone know :?: could one be use for the rev counter :idea:

they do come out of the alt dont they :?

in fact my alternaotr is the same as this one
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trigger » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Dirtydog your van is petrol isn't it? you need to take your rev counter feed off the coil pack not the alternator, should be a Green wire
2013 mk7 Transit 125 Limited swb
1982 mk2 Granada 2.9 injection special Cosworth

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dirtydog » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 pm

trigger wrote:Dirtydog your van is petrol isn't it? you need to take your rev counter feed off the coil pack not the alternator, should be a Green wire

No it's a TD
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trigger » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Sorry i was confusing you with someone else who has a Maroon mk5 DHOC

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dirtydog » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:38 pm

trigger wrote:Sorry i was confusing you with someone else who has a Maroon mk5 DHOC

you're definitely confused as mine is White ;-)
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby robbie.cee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:21 pm

HEY ALL just fitted my new clocks from Jim Archer (NICE ONE,JIM!). after much deliberating and getting to page 11 i finished my cuppa(*cap'n!) and set about running wire. i used a piece of twin flex i had leftover as i thought for future use theres already a wire i can use! i got the same alternator as MarkM (top avatar m8) so i used the grey black(i think) its the bottom of the two wires on side in quick release plug.ran it up to dash, took black plastic plug cover off and stuck wire through gap shaping it to touch both sides of block in clocks.
BINGO now have REV counter, speedo, temp and fuel and all lights up as should.

nb i found this vss YELLOW PLUG up by steering column shaft by bulkhead. 12v with engine running on right pin (as you look at it)

didn't try connecting to rev counter, but this MAY be a use-able one...someone try it lol and tell us if van blows up OR correct me.. i only mentioned this as was referenced in previous pages.... ANYONE??

hope the piccies help id clocks ....

old clocks

new clocks cheers jim

the pin needed, PIN 8 MINE WAS EMPTY

IDLE REVS

SLIGHTLY HIGHER REVS

IM WELL HAPPY WITH THESE!!! SEE YA TONIGHT AT PORKIES GUYS! CB CH19 IF ANYONE ELSE ON PLANET STILL USES!!!!! :lol:
2.9i 24v cosworth v6 LSD now fitted and quad pipes out back

Had
X-Reg Mk5 150ps 3.0 ESSEX V6
MAKE IT FIT

RIP Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trigger » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 am

That's a high idle, mine idles at 700 rpm

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby robbie.cee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 am

yeah needs adjusting again- tweaked it b4 i did erg n pump mod... got today off so i may play the sun is out here currently :shock:
2.9i 24v cosworth v6 LSD now fitted and quad pipes out back

Had
X-Reg Mk5 150ps 3.0 ESSEX V6
MAKE IT FIT

RIP Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby squirrell25 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:33 pm

shadyocuk wrote:Might as well add my results to this long thread. An provide answers to some questions I have seen.

I have just fitted a cable drive instrument pack from a 97 TD mondeo to my cable drive 97 mk5 and am very happy with the results. I have taken the voltage regulator from the mk5 instrument pack and used it on the mondeo one (just needed to break the contacts on the mondeo pcb, and push the regulator into the slot).

my mk5 is a custom and allready had the extra alternator wire , so was just plug and play.

Rev counter works fine

Speedo works fine

Temp Guage works fine

Fuel guage appears to be ok and does not move about whilst driving

Battery, Oil pressure, ABS,Airbag, Main beam and Indicator sensor lights work fine and are the correct symbols

Water in fuel sensor light works and simply swaping the bottom left 4 symbol card from the mk5 gives you the correct symbol.

The fog light sensor light comes on when the fog lights are off and goes off when they are switched on
(have just removed the bulb at present as the light on the fog light switch lights up when they are on anyway)

The trailor indicators sensor light activates an orange clock type symbol on the Mondeo clocks and initial only gets power before the engine is started, but by altering the pcb (cut one track and solder a new one from the main beam ground ) this now works as it should. I can live with the incorrect symbol for this as I know what it means.

To get the correct mileage reading I just swaped the complete number barrels over as they are exactly the same size.

I can also confirm that you do not need to remove the steering wheel , just remove the upper and lower cowlings and undo the two stalks and let them hang down whilst gently flexing the instrument panel surround past the steering wheel.

Shady

has anybody figured out why the fog light bulb comes on mine was doing it till i put the oridginal clocks back in
i have done the mondy clock conversion a few times now and this one is the first one i have problems with
squirrell25
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits