*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Landrover wheels.... again!

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Landrover wheels.... again!

Postby Jimmy62alan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 pm

I gather this jig will work both ways will it, I want to convert my Land rover discovery back axle to fit Transit Dually wheels, I am stretching the chassis to 150" and need the extra wheels for more strength.
Is there any chance of buying a jig off some one, if so could you drop me a line with the details to my email address boyle1962@yahoo.co.uk
cheers in advance
ALAN
Sheffield S25 4EQ
Jimmy62alan

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Jimmy62alan wrote:I gather this jig will work both ways will it, I want to convert my Land rover discovery back axle to fit Transit Dually wheels, I am stretching the chassis to 150" and need the extra wheels for more strength.
Is there any chance of buying a jig off some one, if so could you drop me a line with the details to my email address boyle1962@yahoo.co.uk
cheers in advance
ALAN
Sheffield S25 4EQ

sounds an interesting project
unfortunately the jig wont work for you as its for the 5 stud and you'll need 6 stud for dual wheels

have you got a set of wheels yet?
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Charlesleejones » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Hello I’m looking to put land rover wheels on my p100 project, I could run adapters but their wide enough as it is! Do you know if theirs anywhere selling these pcd jigs or anyone on here selling them? Thank you.
Charlesleejones

Postby P4t » Sun May 06, 2018 2:37 am

MinorMatt wrote:Landys use 16mm bolts ;)

OK this is an old thread but ......there isn't really a 'Land Rover' stud size, early Disco were 16mm but land rover used 4 different stud sizes & 3 different PCM's over the years, the first 25 years or so the studs were 9/16" then Series 3 went over to 16mm carried on to defenders, disco & RR then about 1999 the disco changed to 14mm as did RR together with a smaller PCM at some stage, the Land Rover Freelander again a different PCM with 12mm studs.... I don't claim to be 100% but as you can see its far from straightforward.
P4t
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby V8_Bodge » Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 am

I have heard stories of people bolting Landrover rims directly on to Transits but they must be talking poo, Landrovers with the 165 PCD have 16mm studs, Transits are 160 PCD with 14mm studs so the inner edge of the stud holes is 149 for the Landy and 146 for the Transit so not even close.
Mk3 LWB 3.9 V8
V8_Bodge
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby trannyfreak » Sun May 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Luke wrote:
darkbluevanman wrote:good point, but we're fabbers not engineers, rings and welding are free, drilling the wheels isn't ;).... are those landy wheels in the piccy?? the pcd looks quite outward on the flange (if you know what I mean?)

ive got a jig to redrill the wheels - bolts up to the landy pcd and you just drill through 3mm holes which are 160pcd
i'd do em you but you could almost make a jig on the lazer - 5x165 holes 12mm and 5x160 3mm's then bolt it up with some old studs drill through the 3 mm with a pistol drill then go through a set of drills untill you get to the 13mm then all you need is a 60deg taper bit to put the nut seat on - piece of piss really :D

then weld the old holes up :lol:

Hi Luke how much to drill my wheels for the Mk5 transit they are landy 16" welllers many thanks
trannyfreak
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 am

trannyfreak wrote:
Luke wrote:
darkbluevanman wrote:good point, but we're fabbers not engineers, rings and welding are free, drilling the wheels isn't ;).... are those landy wheels in the piccy?? the pcd looks quite outward on the flange (if you know what I mean?)

ive got a jig to redrill the wheels - bolts up to the landy pcd and you just drill through 3mm holes which are 160pcd
i'd do em you but you could almost make a jig on the lazer - 5x165 holes 12mm and 5x160 3mm's then bolt it up with some old studs drill through the 3 mm with a pistol drill then go through a set of drills untill you get to the 13mm then all you need is a 60deg taper bit to put the nut seat on - piece of piss really :D

then weld the old holes up :lol:

Hi Luke how much to drill my wheels for the Mk5 transit they are landy 16" welllers many thanks
PM mutley on here he does them he has a jig too
:arrow: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8152
Luke
Site Admin

Postby trannyfreak » Mon May 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Ok thanks mate
trannyfreak
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits