*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

advice please on LSD

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: advice please on LSD

Postby jay » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:25 pm

well i got a fair distance then some idiot in a 4x4 came towards me so i lifted off to avoid them(I wasnt going slow at this point)and the lorry just sank..so theres me trying to uncouple caravan and get a tractor off and pull myself off when i came back for caravan said 4x4 was a bit stuck and asked for a tow...he didnt get towed off....
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Ian1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

MinorMatt wrote:
The mk 5 's that have ABS also have traction control which applies the brake on the spinning wheel.

No they dont! Not unless it was specified anyhow. My '95 has ABS and no traction control and I believe AndyG's 2000 van is the same

ABS is rare, traction control even more so!

As MinorMatt says. My '98 minibus also has ABS but no LSD/traction control. It makes it interesting down muddy lanes.
"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow." - Caroll Shelby
Ian1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby redcube » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

I'd love a LSD as i keep getting stuck at my house :lol: i keep parking in the field as drive way space is tight

I got stuck a few weeks back on a beach i could see the sea coming in and there was a crowd forming and i must have had a small army pushing me but to no joy end up a fork lift came down to me and lifted the back of my van for me and pushed me to the road :lol: took an hour to get me out and the sea was up to the van well i learn a lesson that day don't park on soft ground when the sea is near
My camper van conversion viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76200
If any thing falls of will you mind picking it up for me
redcube
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby G40GES » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Luke wrote:i fitted a LSD axle on my V6 24v van :D its ace 8) ................. what more can i say :lol:

standin quarter figures would be nice but you wouldnt want to embarise your self :lol:
Gadge in the shed... STILLfreezing me bits off...
G40GES
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 pm

G40GES wrote:
Luke wrote:i fitted a LSD axle on my V6 24v van :D its ace 8) ................. what more can i say :lol:

standin quarter figures would be nice but you wouldnt want to embarise your self :lol:

16.98@79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06KRDSJkCVU go to 2:30 :arrow: the grey van beating the MGZR :mrgreen:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby G40GES » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Ian1 wrote:
MinorMatt wrote:
The mk 5 's that have ABS also have traction control which applies the brake on the spinning wheel.

No they dont! Not unless it was specified anyhow. My '95 has ABS and no traction control and I believe AndyG's 2000 van is the same

ABS is rare, traction control even more so!

As MinorMatt says. My '98 minibus also has ABS but no LSD/traction control. It makes it interesting down muddy lanes.

sounds like a session on LSD and ice combin€d... i tryed the hand brake trick this evening, lost traction whilst pulling trailor through boggy ground(hedge cutting in the dark!) and i think it worked, but with a 2stroker banging ya skull, white finger and empty belly things do seem to get a bit messy!

IL PUT THIS ONE IN ME BOOK, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SNOW AND REPORT BACK WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!
G40GES
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby G40GES » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:47 pm

LUKE you got big ones! :shock: :wink:
G40GES
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:12 pm

I'd love a LSD as i keep getting stuck at my house :lol:

Your not the only one... I park the van on a slope and when it gets muddy forget it!

To be fair though I have got an LSD in the back of my van, its just not found its way to the axle yet :shock:
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby G40GES » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 pm

MinorMatt wrote:
I'd love a LSD as i keep getting stuck at my house :lol:

Your not the only one... I park the van on a slope and when it gets muddy forget it!

To be fair though I have got an LSD in the back of my van, its just not found its way to the axle yet :shock:

you need LSD to drive a moggy! :lol:
thats what me little bro recons (69 2door dog) :D

(its amazing how they keep going in a straight line with so little metal around the rolling components mounts!!!!!!)
G40GES
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits