*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Pinto into Mk5 = LEZ Compliance

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Pinto into Mk5 = LEZ Compliance

Postby jabba280 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:55 am

what is the performance like with a 2.0 pinto? I would like to change my 2.5di out of my beavertail, but I want to have a little more pulling power when I have a loaded car on the back
jabba280
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby DodgeRover » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:14 pm

jabba280 wrote:what is the performance like with a 2.0 pinto? I would like to change my 2.5di out of my beavertail, but I want to have a little more pulling power when I have a loaded car on the back

My original 2.0 pinto is ok in my mk2 Lwb with a 4.63 diff. Feels less powerful/ torquey than the Di powered ones I've been in though. In all honesty I would say if you can go for a V6 or V8 - fuel consumption is unlikely to be worse than the pinto if you are running fully laden.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby jabba280 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:15 pm

are all the parts like mounts etc easy to get your hands on? is lpg a good option if running a v6?
jabba280
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 pm

jabba280 wrote:are all the parts like mounts etc easy to get your hands on? is lpg a good option if running a v6?

If you want to go for the Essex V6 we produce all the necessary parts to carry out this conversion and retain the Di Mt75 gearbox.

Fitting a petrol engine will make your vehicle 'outside the scope' of the LEZ :D

Have a read through the thread and see what you think;
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=140973

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby DodgeRover » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 pm

jabba280 wrote:are all the parts like mounts etc easy to get your hands on? is lpg a good option if running a v6?

Tim above is your man for adaptor plates etc. I've run gas vehicles since the early 90s so I'm a bit biased, for me it comes down to do I want to pay 50ppl or £1.10 to go virtually the same distance..earlier engines will needed either hardend valve seats fitting or a flashlube system to make them suitable for unleaded fuel or lpg.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transit-town » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Anymore progress on this?
transit-town
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DodgeRover » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 am

transit-town wrote:Anymore progress on this?

I believe Tim has been selling the kits for some years now, might be best to contact him via his website
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby NICOLAH4 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:41 am

I am looking to change my diesel engine in my MK 5 LWB 100l , i have read on the threads that a V6 engine is preferable could you please recommend the best option and the details of changing it to LPG

may thanks
NICOLAH4

Postby robbie.cee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Essex v6 will gp strwiggt in but lpg may be trickier than a fuel injected engine.
I did the essex v6 route as petrol now cheaper and if driven sensibly returned very gpod mpg as long as stayed under 3000rpm . Anything over that was just crazy fun!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
2.9i 24v cosworth v6 LSD now fitted and quad pipes out back

Had
X-Reg Mk5 150ps 3.0 ESSEX V6
MAKE IT FIT

RIP Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mk5swbhighroof » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Who wants to go into London anyway?

But on the other hand, anything to make going uphill (anywhere else... ;-) ) a bit more exciting is interesting.. :mrgreen:
Mk5swbhighroof
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gasbo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 pm

my pinto on gas does Birdlip hill ok on gas but i wouldnt advise it with a dodgy handbrake if vehicles start queuing :(
gasbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sportscott » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:54 pm

I have a confession to make :oops: I feel like right tw8t. my van had been a bit hesitant in the cold mornings so got the notion my thermostat was defect. I took it out and poured boiling water on it after letting it absorb some heat poured out the water and done it again. It opened and closed so refitted and put a plywood plate in front of my radiator. The cab heater doesn't get as hot as it used to now, so after driving it what I thought would be almost empty, filled with gas. After a cursory calculation it is no longer consuming an average of 16 liters per 100km as it has done the 9 years I have owned it but 12.33l per 100km a 25% improvement. :oops:
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby rebel » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi folks
How about a nice v8 or even a V6 I used to have a 3 litre ford Capri wow that used to go with its v6 but was a thirsty beast.
rebel

Postby dieselhead123 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 pm

rebel wrote:Hi folks
How about a nice v8 or even a V6 I used to have a 3 litre ford Capri wow that used to go with its v6 but was a thirsty beast.

We have produced adapter plate kits to install both the Essex V6 and the RV8 onto the Di Mt75 geartbox.
Threads on installing these are on here somewhere!

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby m25roundabout » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

I crossed into the LEZ several months ago. I didn't even know there was an LEZ....until I got a note through the post saying I owed TFL for a £250 fine, £500 if I didn't pay within 2 weeks. Now, I know this might cause a bit of controversy but I am now on my second appeal and waiting to hear the hearing end of August.

I have always known about the Central London congestion charge, but never ever heard of either the ULEZ or the LEZ. TFL say they have done huge media campaigns to tell everyone. I have never seen anything about them. Only one person I have since spoken to knows of these two Zones. She knows about it because she works in the haulage industry.

The very high majority of people outside London have no idea about these extra zones, (unless they are in the transport/haulage industry). I am all for lessening emissions, hence my desire to get on the Veggie Oil track. So I completely understand it is a good idea...but tell us about it!

My main point to the appeals committee is that they have not done a good enough job in telling the public about these other two zones. Who in their right mind would cross into the zone knowing they would have to pay £250 for doing so? Not me! And I tell you what, I spent several months crossing in and out of the zones, unknowingly, (why I only have one fine is beyond me!), and I promise you, not once did I ever see one of their small, green and white signs with LEZ on them! Of course now I know of the scheme....I see them everywhere, and of course I will never ever go near one again! August 29th is the hearing.....

All the best with your compliance work.
m25roundabout
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits