*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Pinto into Mk5 = LEZ Compliance

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Pinto into Mk5 = LEZ Compliance

Postby Vandalism » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:50 am

im sure you just send the log book off with a change of engine size, thats what dads done in the past with other cars
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Send off the logbook with a letter from the persion who did the conversion - or get a garage to write a letter to say its been done
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Justjill60 wrote:Can I ask what is involved with the paperwork when converting to petrol? Does it have to have an engineers report?I am looking at a Ford motor home based on the Transit LWB.They did make the Duetto in petrol form but they are quite rare and as I live very close but not in the LEZ,it would be a good alternative to a particulate filter.

The scaffolder's truck in this thread, actually a Mk4, belongs to a customer of ours, the petrol conversion has enabled the truck to be used inside the LEZ without incurring the daily charge, as you can appreciate this has saved the customer a great deal of money over the last two years compared to paying the daily charge or upgrading to a significantly newer vehicle. We handle the paperwork for all customers that we carry out the conversion for and are happy to assist other forum members with this. So far all that has been involved is supplying a supporting letter to DVLA from ourselves on headed paper confirming the details of the engine that has been installed.
If you are considering a conversion please feel free to contact us on our works number, 07754 806004, for any further information that you may require.
We would be happy to provide parts and advise and assist with paperwork where required.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby xychix » Sun May 24, 2015 8:58 pm

As netherlands also starts with diesel bugging (not allowing diesels pre 2001 into Utrecht, not allowing diesels < 2005 into Rotterdam).
No issues yet for petrol vehicles.

What engine is the easiest fit? I now run a 2,5di bosch pump banana in mij transit 80.

And what is called 'easy'. I've never taken an engine nor gearbox from any car....
xychix
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 am

xychix wrote:As netherlands also starts with diesel bugging (not allowing diesels pre 2001 into Utrecht, not allowing diesels < 2005 into Rotterdam).
No issues yet for petrol vehicles.

What engine is the easiest fit? I now run a 2,5di bosch pump banana in mij transit 80.

And what is called 'easy'. I've never taken an engine nor gearbox from any car....

Hi there, is your vehicle as in your pic? hence a Mk5.

Without replacing the gearbox, there are three simple options, all use engine adapter plates and retain your existing Di gearbox.

You can fit the Pinto engine, found in the Granada and Sierra amongst others, best to go for the 2.0 engine. This can be fitted to your Di gearbox using standard Ford parts, most of these parts would be available from our stock. Since your van is a Mk5 you will need custom engine mounting brackets to connect to your Mk5 engine mounting rubbers, we can supply these.

The next option is to fit the Cologne V6, available in 2.0, 2.3, 2.4, 2.8 and 2.9, most should be easy to find on the continent, Taunus, Sierra, Scorpio etc.
This would require you to use the SVO Cologne adapter plate, flywheel exhaust manifolds and starter motor, these parts are quite rare and do command a fairly high price though, they might be more 'available' on the continent.

The third option is to fit the Essex V6, Capri and UK spec Granada Mk1, not sure how available these engines are on the continent though as vehicles intended for the continental market tended to feature the Cologne unit. This would require the use of our own adapter plate and engine mounting parts, again, all of these are available from stock.

Have a good read through this thread and a few others;
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=142054
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=140973
This will give you a good idea of the work involved.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby sportscott » Wed May 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Just read the bit about the Diesel restrictions in Nederlands here on the forum for the first time but does not surprise me in the slightest as the EU are going to come down heavy on diesel motor powered vehicles in the next few years, after conning everyone into buying them as they were greener and leaner are now going to punish owners of them. I worked for a company in Norway, that supplies fuel level sensors and Adblue Quality sensors to every major motor manufacturer in the world, in fact they have a 95% monopoly on the stuff, you name it Mercedes, Scania, Volvo, New Holland, Case, Caterpillar, JCB from Busses to Boats all have sensors from this company, and if you buy a Jap machine for example Komatsu the sensors have been around the world three times before it has saved a gram of Co2 to help the enviroment. I think from 2016 adblue is planned to be fitted to privately owned cars and light commercials, so an opportunity for some one to get into selling emulators, and am sure the chinese that make the sensors for the company I worked for will be more than happy to knock them out using stolen technology from Norway :D If you ever wondered what adblue is it is Urea, basic componet in Piss and is injected into the exhaust before the catalysator *SCR* selected catalytic reduction for short. The european norm for emission on commercial vehicles is now at euro6 and as of now no plans for the near future to go further. The knives have been drawn for the diesel engine and it will get harder and more expensive to run older vehicles. :(
Transit the everyday mans van....
sportscott
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby enjoythistripp » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:00 pm

been offered a 2.0 115bhp pinto engine and box for £300 which i think is good money. My crashed 80 van now has no engine and is slowly being rebuilt. Better time then ever to put a petrol in, is it a huge ball ache? and are any forum members able to do the transplant? my mechanic just laughs when i mention petrol to him lol
You can take a man out of a transit but you cant take the transit out of the man

T350 2.4 TDCi Xlwb Luton 115ps 2007
enjoythistripp
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:43 am

enjoythistripp wrote:been offered a 2.0 115bhp pinto engine and box for £300 which i think is good money. My crashed 80 van now has no engine and is slowly being rebuilt. Better time then ever to put a petrol in, is it a huge ball ache? and are any forum members able to do the transplant? my mechanic just laughs when i mention petrol to him lol

Hi there, if the engine/box combo includes the Mt75 and the necessary adapter plate etc then it is a fair deal. The gearbox is just a stock Mt75, the very late Mk5 ones, (about 98 onwards), do need slight modification to fit the 'Transit specific' Pinto starter. If fitting into a MK5 then you will need our Mk5/Pinto engine mounts for ease of installation.

Is the 115 engine you have been offered and EFi unit? If so you will need to install the MK5 DOHC fuel tank with inbuilt fuel pump and the associated wiring.

If you can find a forum member closer to you willing to carry out the transplant we will offer any assistance and additional parts needed.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bortaf » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:12 pm

enjoythistripp wrote:been offered a 2.0 115bhp pinto engine and box for £300 which i think is good money. My crashed 80 van now has no engine and is slowly being rebuilt. Better time then ever to put a petrol in, is it a huge ball ache? and are any forum members able to do the transplant? my mechanic just laughs when i mention petrol to him lol

Has to be an EFI pinto for that power output?
make sure you get the wiring loom as well, is it from a granada or sierra? granada has the easy loom to install (self contained engine and ECU loom) sierra is more comlicated as the engine and ECU loom is intergrated into the cars main loom, instaled loads over the years so if it has the granda loom i can help with the wiring :wink:
As siad you will need and EFI tank or get yours converted :)
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby robbie.cee » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:05 pm

sportscott wrote:Just read the bit about the Diesel restrictions in Nederlands here on the forum for the first time but does not surprise me in the slightest as the EU are going to come down heavy on diesel motor powered vehicles in the next few years, after conning everyone into buying them as they were greener and leaner are now going to punish owners of them. I worked for a company in Norway, that supplies fuel level sensors and Adblue Quality sensors to every major motor manufacturer in the world, in fact they have a 95% monopoly on the stuff, you name it Mercedes, Scania, Volvo, New Holland, Case, Caterpillar, JCB from Busses to Boats all have sensors from this company, and if you buy a Jap machine for example Komatsu the sensors have been around the world three times before it has saved a gram of Co2 to help the enviroment. I think from 2016 adblue is planned to be fitted to privately owned cars and light commercials, so an opportunity for some one to get into selling emulators, and am sure the chinese that make the sensors for the company I worked for will be more than happy to knock them out using stolen technology from Norway :D If you ever wondered what adblue is it is Urea, basic componet in Piss and is injected into the exhaust before the catalysator *SCR* selected catalytic reduction for short. The european norm for emission on commercial vehicles is now at euro6 and as of now no plans for the near future to go further. The knives have been drawn for the diesel engine and it will get harder and more expensive to run older vehicles. :(

maddness.... piss in exhaust reduces emissions lol who d have thought.. that sait urea is in most shampoos too !!!

S
2.9i 24v cosworth v6 LSD now fitted and quad pipes out back

Had
X-Reg Mk5 150ps 3.0 ESSEX V6
MAKE IT FIT

RIP Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
robbie.cee
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby pelmetman » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:21 pm

WARNING :shock: ...........

This thread can seriously damage your wealth :cry: .......

But not as much as a particular filter :mrgreen: ......
TOWIE Transit club member .......

Fanny a 99 LWB Semi high roof MK 5......Essex V6 auto
Horace a 90 SWB Ford Travelhome MK 3....2.5 diesel manual
pelmetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby pelmetman » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:26 pm

robbie.cee wrote:
sportscott wrote:Just read the bit about the Diesel restrictions in Nederlands here on the forum for the first time but does not surprise me in the slightest as the EU are going to come down heavy on diesel motor powered vehicles in the next few years, after conning everyone into buying them as they were greener and leaner are now going to punish owners of them. I worked for a company in Norway, that supplies fuel level sensors and Adblue Quality sensors to every major motor manufacturer in the world, in fact they have a 95% monopoly on the stuff, you name it Mercedes, Scania, Volvo, New Holland, Case, Caterpillar, JCB from Busses to Boats all have sensors from this company, and if you buy a Jap machine for example Komatsu the sensors have been around the world three times before it has saved a gram of Co2 to help the enviroment. I think from 2016 adblue is planned to be fitted to privately owned cars and light commercials, so an opportunity for some one to get into selling emulators, and am sure the chinese that make the sensors for the company I worked for will be more than happy to knock them out using stolen technology from Norway :D If you ever wondered what adblue is it is Urea, basic componet in Piss and is injected into the exhaust before the catalysator *SCR* selected catalytic reduction for short. The european norm for emission on commercial vehicles is now at euro6 and as of now no plans for the near future to go further. The knives have been drawn for the diesel engine and it will get harder and more expensive to run older vehicles. :(

maddness.... piss in exhaust reduces emissions lol who d have thought.. that sait urea is in most shampoos too !!!

S

I'm getting to the age where I wouldn't need to buy adblue :wink: .........I'd just need plumbing in :mrgreen: ...........
TOWIE Transit club member .......

Fanny a 99 LWB Semi high roof MK 5......Essex V6 auto
Horace a 90 SWB Ford Travelhome MK 3....2.5 diesel manual
pelmetman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Here in the UK diesels are also been clamped down on. Due to rising NOx (Nitrogen oxide) pollution levels. which should have been falling with newer cleaner diesel engines.
When there's 1000's of people tampering with emission control systmes - EGR valve blanking, DPF deletes etc, etc. It's part of the reason for higher NOx levels

It now illegal to remove DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or use a vehicle on the road where DPF has been removed or modified in a way rendering it inoperative.

Vauxhall, BMW, VW & Audi are using SCR's with Adblue alongside DPF for Euro 6 engines in normal cars.

EGR valves reduces NOx. SCR & Adblue is to further reduces NOx levels.

New Diesel emission testing will involve a new lower default limit for Euro 5 & 6 engines if manufacturer vehicle emission limits are not listed.
But also checking emissions for NOx - This can be done using a device plugged into OBDII port for Euro 5/6 - There are sensors on the exhaust monitoring NOx levels :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby FredTransit » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am

I would just like to mention (if not done already) that a petrol engined transit isn't compliant it's exempt as the LEZ is only relevant to diesel engines.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby DodgeRover » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Tim on the later vehicles if you convert to lpg/ petrol then you don't need a cat for the mot as removal of the cat can be deemed part of the conversion.

What's the granny 2.9i like to fit with a manual box into a mk2?
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits