Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


MK 6/7) turning off the service light?

Before you ask a question, check to see if it's been asked before. We show all the common Transit faults here and it's a good idea to read through these in case they happen to you in the future!!

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby killbill » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 pm

hi there
i have tried the methods mentioned but the service light just stays on.

tried holding both pedals for over 2 mins but still wont flash or anything.

54 plate transit 280swb 85ps

any ideas ??

thanks
killbill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby martynx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 am

killbill wrote:hi there
i have tried the methods mentioned but the service light just stays on.

tried holding both pedals for over 2 mins but still wont flash or anything.

54 plate transit 280swb 85ps

any ideas ??

thanks


If your brake lights aren't working due to a switch problem at the pedal that would stop the reset happening . On a mk7 a thick floor mat may stop gas pedal going down fully !
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby martynx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:28 pm

You could disconnect the battery overnite, that could clear some gremlins !
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby killbill » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks for reply , I did have brake light issue,turned out to be the plug at cluster needing pushed tighter.

All works fine now. But still won't reset.

I will try pulling the batt overnight, will the key fob etc be affected at all ?.?

Thanks for reply
killbill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby martynx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 am

Just the radio security code to consider , if you need it plenty of members on here can generate it if you post the radio serial number up.. Your immo / key codes / remote will be fine..
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby killbill » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:33 pm

martynx wrote:Just the radio security code to consider , if you need it plenty of members on here can generate it if you post the radio serial number up.. Your immo / key codes / remote will be fine..

Got radio code on the handbook ;) thanks for that,
Hopefully it works,the spanner is annoying more than anything

Cheers
killbill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby martynx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 pm

No problem & good luck & if that dont fix it , you could try clearing the DTC fault codes from the van , i reckon your close though :)

It does take a few goes to clear it in my experience , especially on a Mk7 ( I knows yours is a 6;) )
User avatar
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Middlesex

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby killbill » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 am

still no joy :( i pressume i need a reader of some sort to read the codes or does the transit have on board diagnostics ?
killbill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby Wildwind:57 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Holding the acellarator and brake pedals down for longer than the stated ten seconds ( about 40 seconds ) while turning the ignition key to position two with the side lights on worked for me guys. Transit 2002 280swb.
Wildwind:57
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby DieselNoob » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi All,

First post and it's a question (please don't shoot me). On my 54plate 350MWB Transit i've got a RED spanner (no oil can) showing in the top right of the dash, not down near the odometer. Does this relate to a fault code rather than a service interval? Are there two spanner symbol locations?
DieselNoob
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby ake » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 pm

DieselNoob wrote:Hi All,

First post and it's a question (please don't shoot me). On my 54plate 350MWB Transit i've got a RED spanner (no oil can) showing in the top right of the dash, not down near the odometer. Does this relate to a fault code rather than a service interval? Are there two spanner symbol locations?

That's a service light, it changed on later vans ;)
2017 Ford Fiesta SportVan 1.5 TDCi 95ps

2 x 18 Custom 270 Trend
2 x 67 Custom 270 Trend
3 x 66 Custom 270 Trend
1 x 65 Custom 290 Limited
7 x 12 Transit 260 Trend
1 x 60 Transit 350

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
Or is it something worse?
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41626
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: turning off the service light?

Postby DieselNoob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 am

ake wrote:
DieselNoob wrote:Hi All,

First post and it's a question (please don't shoot me). On my 54plate 350MWB Transit i've got a RED spanner (no oil can) showing in the top right of the dash, not down near the odometer. Does this relate to a fault code rather than a service interval? Are there two spanner symbol locations?

That's a service light, it changed on later vans ;)

Excellent, thank you. We have a few issues with the old bus and i wasn't sure if a fault code (if it was a fault code light) would be a good place to start.

Many thanks.
DieselNoob
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: MK 6/7) turning off the service light?

Postby tengenesha » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 am

Hi iam new to the forum,the service light spanner with oil is showing on my Ford 2.4 RWD minibus 2002 and the Engine will not start but just cranks,Vehicle was serviced 6months ago i intend to replace oil and filter and resetting the service light.
my question: is this normal for the vehicle not to start due to service light spanner/oil coming up or there is another issue,
tengenesha
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 am

Re: MK 6/7) turning off the service light?

Postby ake » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 am

tengenesha wrote:Hi iam new to the forum,the service light spanner with oil is showing on my Ford 2.4 RWD minibus 2002 and the Engine will not start but just cranks,Vehicle was serviced 6months ago i intend to replace oil and filter and resetting the service light.
my question: is this normal for the vehicle not to start due to service light spanner/oil coming up or there is another issue,

The service light will not prevent stat up. You have further problems
2017 Ford Fiesta SportVan 1.5 TDCi 95ps

2 x 18 Custom 270 Trend
2 x 67 Custom 270 Trend
3 x 66 Custom 270 Trend
1 x 65 Custom 290 Limited
7 x 12 Transit 260 Trend
1 x 60 Transit 350

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
Or is it something worse?
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41626
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: MK 6/7) turning off the service light?

Postby speedyblue » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:48 am

cheers mate thats sorted it
speedyblue
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently asked questions!!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users