*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK 7) Fuse Details Fuse Box Location

Before you ask a question, check to see if it's been asked before. We show all the common Transit faults here and it's a good idea to read through these in case they happen to you in the future!!

Re: MK 7) Fuse Details Fuse Box Location

Postby Simonm3 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Can someone please tell me what amp relay I need to power electric windows. Either 30amp or 40 amp relay which goes in r19 relay slot.
Simonm3

Postby loot » Mon May 04, 2015 5:51 pm

It doesn't say on the diagrams, you should get a Ford relay which will be suitable.
The busbar supply fuse is 60A and the windows fuse is 30A so an aftermarket relay should be more than 30A so 40A will do, 30 will probably be OK but since the window fuse is 30 then best be safe on the 40A relay.
If you can see another relay on your fuseboard then see if it is marked. They are the same except r22 and r26 which have white labels on iirc
loot
Site Moderator

Postby slick91 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:27 pm

Interesting thread, I would never of found that hidden fuse box crafty sods.
slick91
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby APH » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:45 am

Anyone know where the indicator outputs are fed from? I know it's bcm controlled, so must take there supply from a main feed to the bcm, but which one? As don't appear to have a separate fuse listed anywhere. Any info kindly received,

Andy
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby richmorris » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:50 pm

hi where is fuel pump fuse for the injectors please searched and cant find it anywhere
richmorris

Postby loot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:13 am

APH wrote:Anyone know where the indicator outputs are fed from? I know it's bcm controlled, so must take there supply from a main feed to the bcm, but which one? As don't appear to have a separate fuse listed anywhere. Any info kindly received,

Andy

Indicators are direct to bcm and have no fuse, they are on kl30 bussbar which is powered by f2 battery fusebox which also powers ignition switch amongst other things.
loot
Site Moderator

Postby loot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:31 am

richmorris wrote:hi where is fuel pump fuse for the injectors please searched and cant find it anywhere

Injectors are controlled by the pcm, diesel fuel pump is belt driven and only has the scv to control it so no fuse.

Listed is a fuel tank sender/pump.
Relay r7 with fuse f37 but it may be for petrol models I'm not sure.

Pcm may shut off injectors based on faults in the fuel system elsewhere.
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Honey monster » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:48 pm

I can only view the left side of the fuse list. Can anyone tell me where and what number the fuse for heated front screen is.
Thanks
Honey monster
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby loot » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Honey monster wrote:I can only view the left side of the fuse list. Can anyone tell me where and what number the fuse for heated front screen is.
Thanks

Hold/right click on the image and select view image then it'll show you the whole thing :-)

F61 and f40 at ajb
F4 and f6 at bjb
loot
Site Moderator

Postby thegazza » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi all
just looking at the fuse box pics posted as my interior lights arnt working but theres no mention of a fuse for them in the info posted .
i have a 57 plate transit
anyone no wot fuse number it is please save me pulling all the low amp ones out to check.
thegazza
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby blue estate » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Fuse 72 behind main fuse box
there's a tab each side on main fuse box push them in or out and it swivels down and there's more behind
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby GuyT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:25 pm

I've read the entire thread and tried to find the '3rd' fuse box (1st - engine bay, 2nd - glove box, 3rd - behind second in glove box) twice and have now come back to ask a question.

I am trying to change fuse 72 for the internal lights, I have located the 2nd fuse box behind the glove box (Id never have found that without this forum) and removed the first cover, as shown in the first post. When I try to move the 2nd fuse box it just wont budge and it is slightly different to the picture, it will (hopefully eventually) slide forward, BUT it is not hinged like in the photo! It just wont budge and my concern is...... do I have a 3rd fuse box behind the second.

I will try and upload a photo but it is not hinged so is there a 3rd fuse box? I don't want to go and open something that shouldn't be opened and it is a real bugger to try and get into.... and I cant.

I have a 2011 plate swb - I dont imagine this makes a huge amount of difference.

Other than being unable to access the 3rd fuse box everything else tallies.

Help
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Guy there's 2 flaps at the top of the 1st 1 behind the glovebox and you splay them outwards and the front 1 flops forward, the second 1 isn't actually a fusebox, it is the body control module but it does have lots of fuses.

This is it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/c1-06-12-ford ... Swux5YSbm6

Fuses are at the bottom when it is in the van.
loot
Site Moderator

Postby GuyT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Ignore me - ha ha ha - it was/is there, third time lucky.

I was trying to wrench off something that didn't open but reaching a little further back and sure enough it is hinged and dropped down.

Thank you for a great post
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby GuyT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:40 pm

just saw your post too... thanks Loot
GuyT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently asked questions!!