*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk6 noisy top end

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: mk6 noisy top end

Postby chris72a » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 pm

I would just bite the bullet and remove the pump to do the job unless your mate has a hoist you can put it up on might make it easier, you will probably find the bolts and the solenoid difficult to remove whilst in situ, I ended up bruised and battered trying to get to mine, sore back, sore arms, sore shoulders from lying on the concrete driveway with nothing but a towel between me. Also check the vid I posted earlier on doing timing after I replaced solenoid it was quiet but was still throwing errors. just my 2bob

Cheers
Chris.
chris72a
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ajpmsport » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:25 am

chris72a wrote:I would just bite the bullet and remove the pump to do the job unless your mate has a hoist you can put it up on might make it easier, you will probably find the bolts and the solenoid difficult to remove whilst in situ, I ended up bruised and battered trying to get to mine, sore back, sore arms, sore shoulders from lying on the concrete driveway with nothing but a towel between me. Also check the vid I posted earlier on doing timing after I replaced solenoid it was quiet but was still throwing errors. just my 2bob

Cheers
Chris.

Yes he has a ramp.
OK thanks for your help Chris.
ajpmsport
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Freebird. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:20 am

Punto443 wrote:That'll be a tddi and a vp30 pump

Possibly the timing solenoid faulty?
Should be a fault code if it is?
Glowplug light flashing?

Is the vp30 pump in the Transit 2000-2006, 2.0L Duratorq DI (75PS) too?

My van has developed these symptoms as well.
Time is a great healer. Unless it's a rash, then you're better off with ointment.
Freebird.
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby mckeogha » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 pm

I have the MK6 Duratorq 2.4 90bhp Di ..
Which had lose of power. No warning lights on dash brought it to Ford and sure enough there was an electrical issue in the fuel injection pump.. ended up replacing the pump.. got a pump out of a breakers yard €100. Gave it to Ford to fit. And jobs a goodin.. runs like a treat. Also had to replace the egr valve.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk
mckeogha
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ajpmsport » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:52 pm

After a lot of cocking about. I decided to have a second hand pump fitted, which was sold as "tested" (supplied by others) and fitted by others. I collected the van all fine then less than 100 miles down the road the knocking starts again. I phoned the garage up to express my frustration and it turns out what i thought was a checked and tested pump was just a second hand one. Sorry sir its the chance you take with second hand and it was fine when you drove it away.
So now i`m left with a broken van, no weekends/bank holidays in the van, substantially empty wallet and a great feeling of being ripped off.
It`s now going back to trying to repair it myself.
I`m going to check the timing first as already suggested.
I don`t suppose anybody has or could recondition a VP30 pump before i start the job ? Preferably down south.
Thanks
ajpmsport
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wicklabilly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 am

ajpmsport wrote:After a lot of cocking about. I decided to have a second hand pump fitted, which was sold as "tested" (supplied by others) and fitted by others. I collected the van all fine then less than 100 miles down the road the knocking starts again. I phoned the garage up to express my frustration and it turns out what i thought was a checked and tested pump was just a second hand one. Sorry sir its the chance you take with second hand and it was fine when you drove it away.
So now i`m left with a broken van, no weekends/bank holidays in the van, substantially empty wallet and a great feeling of being ripped off.
It`s now going back to trying to repair it myself.
I`m going to check the timing first as already suggested.
I don`t suppose anybody has or could recondition a VP30 pump before i start the job ? Preferably down south.
Thanks

Hello there, Tell us if you got to the bottom of this please?
2002 Yella Transit Crew cab Tipper. T350 120 bhp Fairly clean and literally no chassis rust. 2011 MK7 crew cab Transit tipper. T350 115PS Euro 4
wicklabilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits