*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fuel Leak from pump

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Fuel Leak from pump

Postby rgchandler » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 pm

2.2 fwd mk7 transit, I've got diesel leaking from mu pump. I've cleaned the area and ran the engine, the fuel is clearly leaking from the area shown in the attached photo. I've seen seal kits available on line, but I can't find any details on dismantling the pump. I'm hoping its as simple as removing the four bolts, and replacing some O rings, but is it? Am I going to knacker my pump if i try this? The van runs perfectly, and I really don't want to have to replace the pump if I can help it. Any help will be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rgchandler

Re: Fuel Leak from pump

Postby andz327 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:42 am

Are you sure none of these hard plastic pipes have not worn through chaffing on something,,,,,, not seen mk7 2.2 pump leaking fuel before Image

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rgchandler » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:07 pm

its 100% coming from that flange arrowed, its all completely dry above there. you can see the diesel creeping along the join.
rgchandler

Postby rgchandler » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

So, I thought Id give it a go, ordered a seal kit, it arrived this morning. Making sure everything was as clean as possible, I removed the four torx bolts, and with a few taps of a soft hammer, it came apart. I replaced the three O rings, making sure everything was clean, then put it back together. I used two M8 threaded studs and nuts in diagonally opposite holes to initially tighten it against the spring pressure, then fitted the other two bolts, then replaced the studs with the original bolts. Started the engine up, and it absolutely pissed diesel out, way worse then before. So, after a short period of swearing, I took it all apart again, and found I hadn't seated the high pressure side O ring correctly. Try again with another O ring, all back together, and Its completely fixed. I've done about 80 miles since fixing it and it's been fine.

The correct thing to do is to replace the pump. I imagine that's what any garage would want to do. Ill keep an eye on it for a while but fingers crossed its fixed.
rgchandler

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits