*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Postby paul holden » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Modded my lights looking a bit stealthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drive it like you stole it!!
paul holden
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby motorman116 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Washed, Dried, Polished and waxed my van :D
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby blue estate » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:17 pm

motorman116 wrote:Washed, Dried, Polished and waxed my van :D

And force 9 gales down here tomorrow :roll: not your fault I washed mine and my brothers cars :oops:
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Sport van » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Had new discs and pads on front today will have the rears done next weekend. Already feels much better. They was in really bad condition there was hardly any sign of the pad working on the rear of the disc.
Sport van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby trannyfreak » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Scrap my mk6 if I have my way!!
trannyfreak
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby hiddenspy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:55 am

paul holden wrote:Modded my lights looking a bit stealthy

I like! Looks smart :)
hiddenspy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby hiddenspy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:00 am

Sport van wrote:
hiddenspy wrote:Drove my mk7 yesterday from Edinburgh to Preston loaded a motorbike then straight back to Edinburgh for / with my mate. Just over 400 miles with no problems in mega snow white outs and braw sunny sky's :lol: I love my mk7 and don't know why folk are scared of them.

What mpg did you get ?

Done a wee 45 mile trip there the now and averaged 38mpg saw 45 at one point for about 5 minuets but most of the way was about 37. 38. Really windy as well and sitting between 60 and 70. Still to do the run home in 10 minutes
hiddenspy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby richgold » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Just spent a hour in the freezing cold replacing one of my halo fog lights that had taken on water, replacing a couple of leds in the side markers and adding some more grip tape to the SLD step.

I removed all the company livery last weekend as I've changed jobs now so I'm back to being white van man again. It's booked in for the 20th for a full paint cut back, touch up and polish so should be good as new then.

Also fitted my acrilyc bonnet deflector, looks very good and comliments the sun visor nicely.

Next job, re-do my black headlights, but thats for another day :)
Vauxhall Nova GTE 1300 1988 in Royal Blue - My garage ornament.
Volkswagen Crafter 136 LWB 2016 back in white and staying that way! SOLD!!!
Transit 115 Jumbo 2010 - SOLD!
Audi TT 225 Roadster - SOLD!
Mercedes Sprinter 311 LWB 2004 - SOLD!
richgold
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:26 pm

richgold wrote:Just spent a hour in the freezing cold replacing one of my halo fog lights that had taken on water, replacing a couple of leds in the side markers and adding some more grip tape to the SLD step.

I removed all the company livery last weekend as I've changed jobs now so I'm back to being white van man again. It's booked in for the 20th for a full paint cut back, touch up and polish so should be good as new then.

Also fitted my acrilyc bonnet deflector, looks very good and comliments the sun visor nicely.

Next job, re-do my black headlights, but thats for another day :)

What did you use to seal your lights? I used pu18 and i need to make some adjustments to mine, question is, are they easier to split on the second go? :mrgreen:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby richgold » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:35 pm

I used tiger seal everytime. I also put some really small screws in a few places around the light just to pull them together as I sealed them, but ended up sealing over them so they stayed in.
Just a stanley knife around the lights and they popped open last time, hopefully the same this time too.
I think one of the projectors has the solenoid stuck open on high beam and I want to add more leds this time. And beacuse H4's sit at an angle I had to take the locating lug off of the projector mount that sits where the original bulb used to sit and my projectors had been turning in their mounts, so thats also something I will have to find a solution to.

I think I'll try next week so I'll let you know!
Vauxhall Nova GTE 1300 1988 in Royal Blue - My garage ornament.
Volkswagen Crafter 136 LWB 2016 back in white and staying that way! SOLD!!!
Transit 115 Jumbo 2010 - SOLD!
Audi TT 225 Roadster - SOLD!
Mercedes Sprinter 311 LWB 2004 - SOLD!
richgold
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Sport van » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Washed hoovered and put some wind in the tyres there was only 20 psi in them :shock: the ms design alloys are 40 front 42 rear
Sport van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RanchHand » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:17 am

had a crook water pump on my mk6 2.4 so finally got the new one this morning. Australia Post took a week to get it to me on the Gold Coast from Melbourne.
Everything went swell until I had to unhook all the pipes at the back, the new unit has the plastic 4 pipe inlet piece attached so I was happy to ditch the old one.

They're all attached by those big arse crimp clamps, which I couldn't get a good angle one any of em to get em off with pliers. FFS spent a fruitless hour trying every type of plier thingy I had. I know some people cut em off as they're 'single use' clamps but I had nothing to do that with either, not to mention they're really hard to access.

In the end I went to the shop and bought some screw hose clamps and after inspecting every pipe carefully I took a calculated, if not stupid, blokey risk :D
I cut the pipes off as close as I could to the pump side and pulled that sucker outta there.
Mercifully I had enough pipe left to attach it all back hassle free, and yes I know it's not advisable to bodge it that way 8)
New screw clamps fitted with a bit of mucking around, new pump on but she's going fine with no leaks.

How do you blokes get 'em off from the back of the water pump?

Oh and I forgot to attach the air outlet pipe back to the manifold from the intercooler and noticed an odd farting noise when I got 100 metres up the road and thenit clicked so now I know what a non-turbo 2.4 mk6 feels like.
RanchHand
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 am

Sport van wrote:Washed hoovered and put some wind in the tyres there was only 20 psi in them :shock: the ms design alloys are 40 front 42 rear

40 or 42 psi isn't much, would've felt a bit mushy with only 20 in 'em...my Mk7 runs ~60-65psi..! :shock:
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:13 am

RanchHand wrote:had a crook water pump on my mk6 2.4 so finally got the new one this morning. Australia Post took a week to get it to me on the Gold Coast from Melbourne.
Everything went swell until I had to unhook all the pipes at the back, the new unit has the plastic 4 pipe inlet piece attached so I was happy to ditch the old one.

They're all attached by those big arse crimp clamps, which I couldn't get a good angle one any of em to get em off with pliers. FFS spent a fruitless hour trying every type of plier thingy I had. I know some people cut em off as they're 'single use' clamps but I had nothing to do that with either, not to mention they're really hard to access.

In the end I went to the shop and bought some screw hose clamps and after inspecting every pipe carefully I took a calculated, if not stupid, blokey risk :D
I cut the pipes off as close as I could to the pump side and pulled that sucker outta there.
Mercifully I had enough pipe left to attach it all back hassle free, and yes I know it's not advisable to bodge it that way 8)
New screw clamps fitted with a bit of mucking around, new pump on but she's going fine with no leaks.

How do you blokes get 'em off from the back of the water pump?

Oh and I forgot to attach the air outlet pipe back to the manifold from the intercooler and noticed an odd farting noise when I got 100 metres up the road and thenit clicked so now I know what a non-turbo 2.4 mk6 feels like.

Some of those hoses can be easier to get at from underneath...if the plastic part at the back of the pump is still in good nick, sometimes its worth undoing the three screws holding the plastic pipe assy on the back of the pump, it's fiddly but can be done, just pop it out of the old pump, whack a new "O"ring on it, a bit of lube on it and pop it back in the new pump..job done.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby RanchHand » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:22 am

thanks knobrot

well now the vacuum pump is pissing out oil around the gasket, even with a new gasket and o rings. It wasn't leaking oil at all before I changed the water pump.
Tried removing and inspecting and cleaning up the bottom plate of the pump and even a little gasket sealer but it's getting worse.

new pump? or should I try a new genuine ford gasket first?
RanchHand
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits