*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: What did you do to your mk6/7 today?

Postby Redvee » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:48 am

Sorted the screenwash that reached the bottom inch of the windscreen. Pulled the pipe off the back of the bonnet and pulled it through and blew down the pipe and heard the screenwash bubbling so knew the pipe was clear. Connected it all back up and the jest reached the middle of the screen so it seems there was some crud in the washer bottle/pipe.
Redvee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Airthies » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:04 am

Redvee wrote:Sorted the screenwash that reached the bottom inch of the windscreen. Pulled the pipe off the back of the bonnet and pulled it through and blew down the pipe and heard the screenwash bubbling so knew the pipe was clear. Connected it all back up and the jest reached the middle of the screen so it seems there was some crud in the washer bottle/pipe.
Likely the bottle will be full of algae type gunk that'll float back to the washer pump filter screen.
Better off pulling the motor out of the bottle and flushing it out properly.

Sent using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Redvee » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:46 am

Airthies wrote:
Redvee wrote:Sorted the screenwash that reached the bottom inch of the windscreen. Pulled the pipe off the back of the bonnet and pulled it through and blew down the pipe and heard the screenwash bubbling so knew the pipe was clear. Connected it all back up and the jest reached the middle of the screen so it seems there was some crud in the washer bottle/pipe.
Likely the bottle will be full of algae type gunk that'll float back to the washer pump filter screen.

Sent using crapatalk

Was thinking of flushing the washer bottle out too.
Redvee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:02 pm

Took asbo for mot.
He said it was a class 4 test. But it is a t350 which I would say is class 7. But who am I to argue I'm just a pleb :P

Also it failed on right parking brake efficiency low.
18 year old junk eh :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Redvee » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:21 am

Redvee wrote:
Airthies wrote:

Sent using crapatalk

That was a bad idea to remove the washerbottle this morning. The mounting bolt turned but didn't come out of the chassis any more than 1/4", one of the previous owners has got rid of the plug for the motor and replaced it with spade connectors which due to the lack of wheel arch liner were very brittle, I only touched them and one broke so I took the motor off and took a trip to Halfords and bought some spade connectors to get the motor working again till I can get the correct plug for the motor.
Redvee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Airthies » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 am

Redvee wrote:
Redvee wrote:
Airthies wrote:[quote="Redvee"]Sorted the screenwash that reached the bottom inch of the windscreen. Pulled the pipe off the back of the bonnet and pulled it through and blew down the pipe and heard the screenwash bubbling so knew the pipe was clear. Connected it all back up and the jest reached the middle of the screen so it seems there was some crud in the washer bottle/pipe.

Sent using crapatalk

That was a bad idea to remove the washerbottle this morning. The mounting bolt turned but didn't come out of the chassis any more than 1/4", one of the previous owners has got rid of the plug for the motor and replaced it with spade connectors which due to the lack of wheel arch liner were very brittle, I only touched them and one broke so I took the motor off and took a trip to Halfords and bought some spade connectors to get the motor working again till I can get the correct plug for the motor.[/quote]I've done them by just pulling the motor and flushing with a hose.
Park the van on a slight slope

If you're replacing the plug with another second hand one, get a good one with plenty wire and splice them up inside the engine bay as the wires will be well oxidised by now

Sent using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:30 pm

Hmm interesting.

My mot is up 2nd feb, i took it on Monday 2pm, if failed on handbrake effort and I got the usual a4 print of it and advisories and emissions. I assumed then that the car no longer had mot. I've bought a new caliper but have yet to fit it and I'm still driving the van.decided to check the mot status and it is still valid until 2nd feb :P

Yes I know that I shouldn't be driving a dodgy motor about but I'll fit the caliper and get it booked in but it's good to know that I have breathing space in future :D
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby ned » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:10 pm

loot wrote:Hmm interesting.

My mot is up 2nd feb, i took it on Monday 2pm, if failed on handbrake effort and I got the usual a4 print of it and advisories and emissions. I assumed then that the car no longer had mot. I've bought a new caliper but have yet to fit it and I'm still driving the van.decided to check the mot status and it is still valid until 2nd feb :P

Yes I know that I shouldn't be driving a dodgy motor about but I'll fit the caliper and get it booked in but it's good to know that I have breathing space in future :D

That’s so irresponsible driving around with a dodgy hand brake :roll: :lol: :lol: anyway where did you get the new calliper from? I need to order one as my handbrake hasn’t worked correctly for 6 months, the rear right calliper is fooked
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Altransit » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:09 pm

Back in the day before MOT's were digitised, if the vehicle failed, then you still had a valid MOT until the old certificate ran out, so long as you threw the fail certificate away so no-one could find it.

These days, so I'm told, once the vehicle has failed, your old certificate is invalidated by the new fail certificate, but for some reason, it can be many days before the new information reaches the database :shock: :P
For that reason, it's not worth putting the vehicle in for its test early, because you can lose a month if it fails :roll:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby loot » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:32 pm

ned wrote:

That’s so irresponsible driving around with a dodgy hand brake :roll: :lol: :lol: anyway where did you get the new calliper from? I need to order one as my handbrake hasn’t worked correctly for 6 months, the rear right calliper is fooked

Same as mine, it went wrong shortly after I carefully painted it red :roll:

Mines a different caliper to yours though I think so use your reg etc. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby loot » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:35 pm

Altransit wrote:Back in the day before MOT's were digitised, if the vehicle failed, then you still had a valid MOT until the old certificate ran out, so long as you threw the fail certificate away so no-one could find it.

These days, so I'm told, once the vehicle has failed, your old certificate is invalidated by the new fail certificate, but for some reason, it can be many days before the new information reaches the database :shock: :P
For that reason, it's not worth putting the vehicle in for its test early, because you can lose a month if it fails :roll:

Well as long as the computer doesn't update until it gets a pass mot. :lol:

Although on the mot forum where they've accidentally logged a pass on the wrong vehicle which was actually a fail they can only phone dvsa up and get it manually removed and in serious doo doo. Which kind of suggests that a pass is kind of permanent. Not sure if that is relevant for this though.

Ah well,at least it isn't big red writing saying loot is wanted :lol:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby ned » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:49 am

loot wrote:
ned wrote:

Same as mine, it went wrong shortly after I carefully painted it red :roll:

Mines a different caliper to yours though I think so use your reg etc. :D

775917AA-56F7-4A17-926D-C915A343F8E1.png

Look the same but maybe the size is different white mine being a whopping 85 :lol: there’s no slider on the calliper thought, might order this one with new slider for a couple of pounds more
56950C64-354A-4014-91B3-3C783BCB1310.png

No rush it’s been 6 months intermittent working :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:59 am

:? Now you’ve got me thinking, do I order both rear callipers and new flexi pipes and maybe possibly paint the callipers blue :? just thinking if I do both rear then at least they should last a few years

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:27 am

Fkn asbo.

Failed mot on handbrake effort.right side is less than left side. I bought a new calliper cleaned everywhere and checked it all worked. Fil took it for retest, failed again :shock: fk sake . Have taken the nearly new calliper from forskin and adjusted and pads etc. Road test and the left wheel is locking up compared so seems the same.

Mot guy said if they were both the same it should pass.

So having exhausted all other ideas I'm going to change the left calliper etc in an effort to restore balance.

It is going to be another mot now though ffs.

It has to be the left side is too good surely. :roll:

Mot said its probably ebay sh*t caliper but I'm not having that,the road brakes are fine and it is a decent quality.will have been qc tested.
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Redvee » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:11 am

loot wrote:Looks good. I fitted a double plate thing on mine that has 2 left usb and right is cigar socket that strangely has a plug in double usb :lol: the left also has a built in voltage meter. I've also got the left cubby 12v cig socket that has my dash cam cigar socket plugged in and the right hand cubby has another double usb which is always live that I use for head torch and running watch etc. Don't have pictures to hand though but it'll be somewhere on the forum under 'asbo' my van.

Next job is sort the radio out,it's ford and seems to go really poor reception when the engine is running but good when the engine is off .

Given that you've done this, have you had any issues with overloading the circuit? I've been tasked with adding more USB sockets on my side as there will be a dashcam added to the upper left of the screen, the single plug has a constant drain for the TomTom satnav, an old mobile handset with short battery life plus my mobile when it needs it.
Was thinking of putting the plate behind the dash and cutting it to suit the two round sockets but forgot about the recess.
Redvee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits