*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

OK, so it wasnt the EGR

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

OK, so it wasnt the EGR

Postby kaostheory » Sat May 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I assumed a faulty EGR was the cause of the loss of power. It has now been blanked off but I am still getting the power loss.

The van is fine when its cold, but once it gets warmed up i change gear and i get no response hardly. But once im on the motorway and its going its fine

Im getting fault codes p1409 p1402 p1103

Any ideas lads?

Cheers
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: OK, so it wasnt the EGR

Postby Tdci_boy » Sat May 05, 2012 1:43 pm

This is what My Vivid Workshop Data prog says about theses codes
P1409 Exhaust gas recirculation vacuum regulator solenoid circuit
P1402 Exhaust gas recirculation metering orifice restricted
P1103 Mass airflow meter voltage indicates a higher airflow than expected

If you let me have more details about the vehicle it may be able to tell me more, I think though by the mere fact you have blanked off the EGR it's likely to throw up these codes, my advice might be to remove the blank, clear the codes & see what if any codes return, I always record any codes, clear the codes & then see which ones return, sometimes simply clearing codes cures an awfull lot of odd problems, weird I know :D
Transit Custom Limited H1 L2 DCIV, now converted to van by removing the seats etc so now twin side loading doors, fully kitted out with Sortimo racking, always loaded to capacity & averages 35mpg :D
Tdci_boy
GLX Posse

Postby kaostheory » Sat May 05, 2012 2:23 pm

hahaha sorry. Im an idiot. Its a Transit 57plate, Duratorq TDCI 2.2 (85PS)

Ahh so you rekon maybe just clearing the codes could sort it.

Yea they are all the same codes i had before i blanked the egr
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Sat May 05, 2012 2:38 pm

All those codes are related to a blanked /non working Egr and are nothing to worry about :wink:
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby kaostheory » Sat May 05, 2012 2:56 pm

blue estate wrote:All those codes are related to a blanked /non working Egr and are nothing to worry about :wink:

hmmm so why my loss of power once the van has warmed up.

I had these codes before the EGR was blanked. and thought that was the reason for loss of power. so blanked the egr. same codes and same problem happening.

Also i dont know if its related. I had a hose go on me the other day. The S shaped hose after the water pump for the coolant. RAC man replaced it with another that really swells up when the accelerator is revved. I thought it swelled up because it was a cheap non genuine one he reaplaced it with. but maybe do you think there could be a blockage after the pump somewhere?

The temperature gauge stays as normal i think. Ill go for a drive in a bit to check

EDIT

So I just cleared the codes, and went for a drive. The codes that re-appeared were p1409 p1402.

And as i said before it was fine until up to temperature then i had the power loss issues. When the largest power loss happened the temperature did move slighly only about 2mm past where the dial sits in the center and only for a second thenthe needle returned to the center of the dial where it usually sits and the power slowly came back :-S
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Sat May 05, 2012 4:08 pm

If it loses power when the temp needle moves then it's a temp problem and the ecu is reducing power to stop over heating
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby kaostheory » Sat May 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Right.

So I guess this is why the hose popped the other day. something wrong with cooling system after the water pump and pressure building up in the hose and the weakest point went.
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Most probably :wink: as the codes for the egr i have had with no problems :wink: has your water level been dropping but no signs of leaks ?
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby kaostheory » Sat May 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Yea i have just been out with the van and the water level last night was right on the maximum. but now it is right on the mininum again. and its hardley been driven. only drove home from my mates garage and went up KFC last night.. and the little test drive earlier to see if the temp gauge was moving wen the power loss was happening!!
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Sat May 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Could be the Egr cooler has gone so it's leaking in to the exhaust hence the pressure i would get it checked asap
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby kaostheory » Sat May 05, 2012 5:18 pm

ok mate nice one thanks.

It would be a bank holiday wouldnt it, so itll have to wait until tuesday damnit
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kaostheory » Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am

Ello

So the egr cooler has no been bypassed with some copper pipe. it seems loads better the loss of power isnt like before. now it just seems more hesitant than anything else.

My mate told me to unplug the mass airflow sensor incase its that. which i have done and it seems even better but still very hesitant. so maybe unplugging the maf is sort of masking whats wrong.

Surely i must be getting close to the problem now haha.

Any ideas guys???
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kaostheory » Tue May 08, 2012 11:25 am

Just noticed now when the power goes. The little computer that says how many miles is left blanks out for a few seconds then comes back on.
kaostheory
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Welshhobo » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:31 pm

I know that this is a 10 year old thread, but i've got the exact same problem and im hoping OP still uses this forum! The codes that are coming up are exactly the same, the same "S-Shaped Hose" burst on me, and its a 57 plate 2.2 TDCi.

Did you ever figure out the problem? I've had 2 EGR valve replacements in 3 years, and don't want to keep having to replace it at every MOT to satisfy stupid warning lights.
Welshhobo

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits