*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

lpg spark plugs

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: lpg spark plugs

Postby Rowdey » Fri May 25, 2012 2:34 pm

M4tty wrote:Ive fitted the plugs this morning and the hesitation/flat spot has completely gone. Havent tried running it on gas as yet but will report if its any better. The guy from ebay who i bought them off emailed me after (as i put a link to this forum) and gave the following information which may be useful.

Hi Matthew = Just a quick one on te forum you gave me interestung but a couple things with LPG & Plugs
1 you should never fit platinum or iridium plugs they are no good for LPG & can cause engine & cat damage - infact the only good thing about iridium plugs is they last longer but at a cost even on petrol on economy!
2: never reduce the manufacures gap more than 0.1mm for LPG it can damage the H/T coil/s due to increasing the current, etc... the 0.1mm less gap is just to correct the spark current for LPG which is a dry fuel & petrolis a damp fuel
3: Brisk Silver & multi spark plugs both work A1 in the Transite 2.3i LPG (how to choose! single point type for normal driving - multi point for performance) both give near equal economy!

regards keith
WTV-UK Brisk UK Main Agent

Cheers

Sounds promising.. Be interested in the LPG side obviously..

I sent you a PM about getting the guy from LPG forums down to service my van - you get it .?
03 Dual Fuel MR MWB and now 66 Mk8 L2H2..
Rowdey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby M4tty » Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Just Replied :)
2005 Transit 260 SWB 2.3l 16V DOHC Petrol/LPG
M4tty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mealic » Sat May 26, 2012 12:01 am

Sorry guys, but i`m sticking with NGK. LPG-1`s that`s what you need.Expensive but tried and tested,Brisk just want to slag off everyone else but with no evidence or tech back up."buy them and try them" they said to me."if they`re crap,do I get my money back" I said........................................no answer.So NGK it is.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby valetech » Sat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm

i have just brought a cheap connect with factory lpg. got it cheap coz its got a misfire.havent pick it up yet but
have pinned it down to piston 4 there is a spark at the lead.im hoping its just a plug.

have ordered some of these brisk plugs

im posting this coz i have found this thread very helpful,as i was going to just stick in some 1.8 16v zetec plugs
molested by:

19s is how we roll
valetech
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby M4tty » Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 am

How did you get on with them new plugs mate?
2005 Transit 260 SWB 2.3l 16V DOHC Petrol/LPG
M4tty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby steve the fitter » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:28 pm

any update on these new plugs please? Do they seem to be working?
steve the fitter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby taz666 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 pm

valetech wrote:i have just brought a cheap connect with factory lpg. got it cheap coz its got a misfire.havent pick it up yet but
have pinned it down to piston 4 there is a spark at the lead.im hoping its just a plug.

have ordered some of these brisk plugs

im posting this coz i have found this thread very helpful,as i was going to just stick in some 1.8 16v zetec plugs

if not plugs check the valve clearances, these lpg connects even though they have hardened valve seats suffer with valve recession into the head
taz666
Ford Technician

Postby jumbo55 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:28 pm

just as an addendum to this thread which i started, since i started using these brisk plugs, i have not changed one coil pack, van still running beautifully, best its ever run.....fuel economy, acceleration is better and its so quite.... well pleased....oh and no i am not a brisk agent. completely impartial.
jumbo55
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Rowdey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Had stuttering this week from cold, and obviously only firing on three cylinders. Got better (back on 4 cylinders) during day for first couple days, but then getting more common at all times.

I bought the £30 premium Brisk plugs in Oct 2012, and have fitted Bosch coils March 2014.

For comparison, Mileage wise, i do less than 4000 miles a year.

Whipped them all out, and lo-behold..

Anyone else had problems..?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03 Dual Fuel MR MWB and now 66 Mk8 L2H2..
Rowdey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby madmart132 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:28 pm

I have read this article a couple of times now and had to put my two bobs worth .
I have looked at the brisk plugs , they make a lot of clever but unsubstanciated claims ( which I am sure they are not allowed to !!) but have a very poor reputation on other forums ( especially the lpg forums ) as a company trading in the free market they are only 25 years old and I doubt if they know more than Champion or NGK or Bosch
I have always used the NGK Iridium plugs starting off with my smiley face mk5's and then on to my mk6 jumbo .
The plugs that worked great in my smiley were/are rubbish in my mk6 , misfiring, lack of torque etc I put it down to my LPG system . But on my last but one trip to Spain the misfiring was so bad that even though my plugs were nearly new I felt forced to stop and buy new plugs in the centre of France , I managed to get some from a L'Eclerc supermarket for 14.95 euros !!!
Having got the plugs , I was just about to fit them when I realised the air filter box lid was loose tightened it down with a luggage strap and all was well(ish) and carried on my deliveries .
Anyway time came to change my plugs and I thought I will try these cheap plugs and see what happens , fitted them and its like I have a new van !!!
The misfiring has gone, I can pull from 20 mph in 5th gear ( 3rd using the NGK Iridium plugs ) without hesitation . I will see how they go over next trip ( to North Africa ) and let you know if they are any good or not .
madmart132
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mealic » Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 am

Off to France in a couple of weeks so am really interested to know the ID numbers for these plugs :)

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby madmart132 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Mealic I am fairly sure I bought them from a Le'Clerc Hypermarket ( wife has tidied the reciept !!) they are made by Marchal and the code number on package is M001
They fit Scorpio and Galaxy as well , nothing about transits on packaging but they fit and work well !! ( So far at least )
madmart132
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CROSSFIREROB » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:26 pm

I fitted Brisk LPG plugs , I can honestly say I felt no difference :( .

Somewhere along the line I developed a misfire :evil: , upon inspection it turned out that the centre ceramic electrode had cracked and fallen off :shock: ,i will not be using them again :roll: , i put the Ford plugs back in ( glad i saved them under the seat ), and all is fine now :wink: .
Rockin and a rollin all day long !
CROSSFIREROB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits