*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

delay in throttle response

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

delay in throttle response

Postby kevinm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 am

Hi everyone, my 2007 115 t350 six speed rwd has lately began to have a acouple of seconds delay before the engine responds to the throttle pedal being to the floor. It started off once every coue of Weeks and I gave no notice but it is every day now, two or three times. It is serviced regular and I serviced it last week.to see if it helped, it didn't. I cleaned the MAP sesnsor maybe a bit better but still not right. I have lost power when leaving a junction a few times it can be scary. Anyone come across this,help
Kevinm
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: delay in throttle response

Postby tilly » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 am

I have exactly the same problem on my MK7, FWD 110ps swb.

Am I looking at a new turbo ?
Mk7, FWD 110ps GLX in Silver 2007
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kevinm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Tilly, is yours the 2.4 engine. I have no smoke or any turbo symptoms. The van is driving and pulling fine. Just every so often in any gear but usually second to fifth, when you change gear and give it the boot to go on it just sits there with no revs, lift my foot for about five seconds and it will ( usually) drive on. Is your van the same
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Damien89 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

To be honest i dont believe its turbo related at all otherwise it would do it all the time, looks like something elelectronic related, any codes? My first guess is the gas pedal is going.
Damien89

Postby kevinm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am

I have repleced the throtle pedal with new. It helped for a while butstill not right. I have heard the fuel metering unit may cause this to happen, true or false
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby kevinm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Damien, forgot to add I have no mil lamp on and my scanner isshowing no error codes.
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Damien89 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:18 pm

kevinm wrote:I have repleced the throtle pedal with new. It helped for a while butstill not right. I have heard the fuel metering unit may cause this to happen, true or false

I have heard some people say that this metering unit is giving trouble, were is it located? Anyone have a photo of it?
Damien89

Postby trannydenz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 pm

ive got the same problem with mine but mine only does it until engine gets upto temperature, 2007 rwd 115ps 6 speed, i'm going to change the egr valve tomorrow and give it a service, i'll let you know if it works, if it dosnt work i'll be going to see Martyn to change the prv valve and s?? valve and to update the software :)
trannydenz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby trannydenz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

forgot to mention, i had mine plugged in it came up with
egr fault
throttle pedal
actuator stuck closed
anyone know what the 'actuator stuck closed' means??????
trannydenz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby APH » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 pm

could be the turbo boost actuator as its a common failing on the mk7 vans, and bloody expensive to replace :(
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby trannydenz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:02 pm

thanks, does that mean i have to replace the whole turbo unit or is the actuator just a part what fits on the turbo? :)
trannydenz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tilly » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

No, mine is a 2.2 FWD.

Not wanting to hijack your thread, I do have EGR issues, as the management light is on, and the local garage said it was reading the EGR faulty. I have had this problem for about 3 months and never experienced any power loss. Out in it today, it just seems as if the power dies, and when you press the throttle, it revs, but no real power. Sometimes the power comes back on, and it pulls like a train with no issues, then dies for 15-30 seconds. Pulling off a junction is fun as you never know if you have any power or not. I have noticed you get a rattling sound, like a diesel knock, when you power off the throttle... Im going to replace the EGR valve this week, and see what happens.

What sort of costs am I looking at for an actuator problem ?
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kevinm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:37 pm

I have been checking and reading other posts that might relate to the throtlle not reacting. Anyway while doing this I was checking the intercooler hoses and noticed a dent in the core of the cooler. I temoved it and cleaned the gunk off and found the core cracked and obviously losing pressure as it had oil residue around it. I will repair it Monday and update when I refit it.
kevinm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby tilly » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:10 pm

just cleaned out the sensor, to the left of the oil dipstick. It was totally gummed up. Still made no difference. I did notice on the way back home, that if I press the pedal a few time whilst the power is lacking, I can nurse the power back on... Throttle position sensor might be an option for replacement.

Need to get the codes read I think, after replacing the EGR valve.
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kerker21 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 pm

my 07 mk7 did this for a while and i put it down to egr so unpluged it , it made no differance at all , i cleaned both maf sensors no differant , re conected egr but blanked it of no differant , replaced throtle peddle no differance , i to noticed if you pump the pedle it comes back so put old pedal back on still the same punp it and it comes back , its got me stumped i had the codes read nothing showed up im scratching my head ????????
kerker21
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits