*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rattle noise

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Rattle noise

Postby Herts » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 am

[quote="knobby1"

The people who started the thread are unlikely to still be around.

Lord Knobrot[/quote]

Have they died?

Andy
MK7 - 2.4 RWD/HR/LWB 3.5T 140HP (BIG BOYS TOY!)

Number 1 Emergency Call out Engineer!!!

http://www.hertsplumbinganddrainage.co.uk
Herts
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:32 am

Herts wrote:[quote="knobby1"

The people who started the thread are unlikely to still be around.

Lord Knobrot

Have they died?

Andy[/quote]

No...just not active on the forum any longer.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Harrygm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 am

So is there anyone on here that does know about this problem or what happened to fix it since its been years later.
This forum is really starting to wear my patience thin, i thought it was here to help but i feel like ive got to search for a needle in the forum stack.
If anyone can help me with this obviously not solved problem that people are asking about i would be most grateful.
Otherwise ill have no choice but to take the van to fraud who want me to pay £90 quid to let them plug their little computer into my van and read a few notes

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Harrygm
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Harrygm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:19 am

This is one of the most common vehicles in the world and there ore many others on this forum with the exact same problem.
Would it hurt to get someone to do a little investigation into what these problems are, or even post how the issue was fixed after haggling people for information.
Cant someone just write up a full list of all known problems and how to fix them and let that be the end of it instead of making people hassle people for information that we are left waiting days and days to even get a response for.

Harrygm
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby oOplumberOo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:34 am

Harrygm wrote:Cant someone just write up a full list of all known problems and how to fix them and let that be the end of it instead of making people hassle people for information that we are left waiting days and days to even get a response for.

forums rely on people to do stuff like that , its how they work. its not a paid for service.. you have put your question out there , if anyone knows then you will get a reply. iv been in your situtation , aint pleasant but thats the way it is im afraid , or you could be that guy who documnets fixing the problem with pictures and a write up of the noise for all of us to learn from ;)
oOplumberOo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Harrygm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:40 am

Well it will be getting fixed either way but i need to know what needs fixing, these stupid vans have the same symptoms for multiple problems wich has made things 200 times harder and making me think...should i have just facelifted the mk6!

Clutch release bearing.
Crackshaft pulley
Gearstick cables
Prv and scv valves.

Its nearly impossible for me to identify wich one fits my problem because they are all so similar.
Or maybe its definatley prv and scv valve and either one of the other two aswell.

I think im going to have to write up some info about these issues and what cures them and put it on here for all the other poor b*stards that own a fraud tranny

Harrygm
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby oOplumberOo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:51 pm

yea these vans can be a nightmare , im going through it with mine now , this week i'll be removing the gearbox to replace the rear crank seal which is leaking oil, at the same time im replacing the driveshafts ,diff seals, and maybe the clutch depending on how worn it is , probably replace the slave cylinder aswell.

your noise , if it happens at slow speeds maybe get a mate to sit on the front with the bonnet open , obviously needs to be safe for that person but they should be able to hear it and pin point where its comming from exactly , assuming its front wheel drive .
oOplumberOo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Harrygm wrote:So is there anyone on here that does know about this problem or what happened to fix it since its been years later.
This forum is really starting to wear my patience thin, i thought it was here to help but i feel like ive got to search for a needle in the forum stack.
If anyone can help me with this obviously not solved problem that people are asking about i would be most grateful.
Otherwise ill have no choice but to take the van to fraud who want me to pay £90 quid to let them plug their little computer into my van and read a few notes

First of all....you haven't told us what vehicle you have, each model and engine type has it's own characteristics, no two are the same. A similar noise or fault which occurs in a Mk6 2.0L FWD may have completely different symptoms to a Mk7 2.4 RWD...we need to know "exactly" what year/model/engine you have. Just saying "I've got a rattle, how do I fix it..??", doesn't help anyone.

We had a chap string us along for nearly two forum pages with several people trying to help diagnose his "diesel knock" before he finally told us he had a bloody petrol/LPG machine....even then he'd not told us what year/model it was....to be honest, some poor people don't even know what they've got even after owning and driving it for years...

You'll get little help here if you say things like... "This forum is really starting to wear my patience thin"...Please help us to help you, nobody here is paid to do anything but they give freely of their time, expertise and advice...We come here to try to help people "if we can"... and put friendly crap on each other. If you feel you're not getting what you want, that's fine, you will be invited to seek advice elsewhere or you can be charged a fortune at Fords just to plug into their diagnostic machine....You'd be best off starting your own new thread with the exact vehicle specs and the symptoms as best you can describe them.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Harrygm » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:45 am

Sory i forgot to mention, this must be the fifth time ive posted this problem aroynd this forum.
If u read above ull see how i said that various problem have the same symptoms i just forgot to put it in thia post soz
Fraud tranny 2.2 85ps 2010
Thanks for your help

Harrygm
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Harrygm » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:49 am

But yes i make you right there, most people havent a clue, my local mechanics dont even know half the things i know about this transit and ive only owned it for the last 2 months, ive been in a mk6 for the last 3 years.
Again thanks for your help ill start up my own thread about this problem

Harrygm
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits