*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Pressure relief Valve

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Pressure relief Valve

Postby loot » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:37 pm

:oops: don't want to urinate on your chips but if the prv hasn't blown i don't think it'll cause your hunting, unless the scv is failing but the prv hasn't blown yet, but I'm not suggesting you run out and buy an scv.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Shafikmiah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Yep I know what you mean. I've read about the SCV but them costing at almost £100 I weren't in a rush to get one. I could live with the hunting but it's the stalling at junctions and traffic lights that's really annoying me. Do you think the PCM update will make any difference? There are no fault codes registered for the problem...
Shafikmiah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby fedup2 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Shafikmiah wrote:
loot34 wrote:Look inside the rail the washer will be in there, there is a thin 1 for in the rail and a thicker 1 for the other end, when refitting the pipe end doesn't want over tightening, ideally get it torqued up properly.
8)
Was the prv exploded when you removed it btw?

No the old one came out in one piece but I've replaced it anyway. I bought and installed the leak off pipe too, it was cheap enough. It's my last attempt to try and fix this hunting, stalling and power holding back at 1500rpm. Numerous post on here have suggested PRV and PCM update so I'm going with that. Changed EGR, changed Fuel filter housing because of air in the clear fuel pipe and cleaned MAF sensor but the problems ain't gone. Hope this attempt works.....

is there still air in the pipe?
Launch x431 owner ;)
fedup2
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Shafikmiah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 pm

fedup2 wrote:
Shafikmiah wrote:
loot34 wrote:Look inside the rail the washer will be in there, there is a thin 1 for in the rail and a thicker 1 for the other end, when refitting the pipe end doesn't want over tightening, ideally get it torqued up properly.
8)
Was the prv exploded when you removed it btw?

No the old one came out in one piece but I've replaced it anyway. I bought and installed the leak off pipe too, it was cheap enough. It's my last attempt to try and fix this hunting, stalling and power holding back at 1500rpm. Numerous post on here have suggested PRV and PCM update so I'm going with that. Changed EGR, changed Fuel filter housing because of air in the clear fuel pipe and cleaned MAF sensor but the problems ain't gone. Hope this attempt works.....

is there still air in the pipe?

I did notice one or two bubbles when I was taking the PRV out today.
Shafikmiah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Shafikmiah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am

Cheers guys for the advice. I fitted a PRV and got the Ford software Update and the stalling and power holding back problems have gone.

Still hunting but not near as bad as before.

Just baffled why the guys at Ford aint picked up on this common problem before.

Many Thanks
Shafikmiah
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am

Shafikmiah wrote:Cheers guys for the advice. I fitted a PRV and got the Ford software Update and the stalling and power holding back problems have gone.

Still hunting but not near as bad as before.

Just baffled why the guys at Ford aint picked up on this common problem before.

Many Thanks

They probably have :wink: but at £70 a pop plus the labour etc :roll:
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits