*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How to add factory cruise on a mk7 transit no pics

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: How to add factory cruise on a mk7 transit+pics

Postby martynx » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 pm

And squib is on the steering column ;)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Stagman » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Bugger - realised after getting the new wheel on, I hadn't straightened the steering first so I have to do it again. The transit wheel has four access points and apparently the C-Max wheel has only three. More swearing in prospect..... :x :oops:
Stagman

Postby Stagman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 am

OK - I had a very successful visit to Martyn of Vantuner yesterday. Not only did he activate CC, but he removed the 62 MPH limiter, did a remap, changed the fuel filter, pollen filter and boost valve and spent lots of time doing the re-map to his satisfaction, getting good bottom end torque and mid-range performance. He is an absolutely top guy.

I've got a spare C-Max wheel with CC buttons (without the rear cover) if anyone needs one.

The day was only marred by the cat being sick on the pillow and ruining a front tyre when pulling off the road to let an ambulance through and so missing my my appointment with Aldridge Trimmers who are fitting a leather interior to my Stag.

Still there are other days.
Stagman

How to add factory cruise on a mk7 transit+pics

Postby coacher » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Stagman wrote:
I've got a spare C-Max wheel with CC buttons (without the rear cover) if anyone needs one.

When I bought my one the back was also missing. I asked the seller if he had it and he said he didn't. Can't work out why it would be missing.
coacher
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stagman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:01 pm

It actually helps not having the back, access through the back of the C-Max wheel is not easy when trying to release the air-bag.
Stagman

Postby martynx » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:04 pm

coacher wrote:
Stagman wrote:

When I bought my one the back was also missing. I asked the seller if he had it and he said he didn't. Can't work out why it would be missing.

Maybe sellers struggle to unclip the airbag on them & end up ripping the cover off :?: :idea: :shock:

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby coacher » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:06 pm

I cheated and unbolted the steering column.
coacher
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stagman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:11 am

coacher wrote:I cheated and unbolted the steering column.
I considered doing that.
Stagman

Postby Memster » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Argh, this is gonna get confusing :lol:

I have just ordered a cruise control steering wheel from a mk 7 transit. for my mk 7 transtit, I havent check the BCM, as I have everything but Aircon and cruise control, (electric windows and mirrors, heated window, mirrors, front fogs, Bluetooth radio) so im assuming that the plugs are there :D Is it as simple as bolting it on, and activating it?

A mate of mine has IDS but has no idea where the Cruise control setting is? :lol: :lol:
Memster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ake » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Memster wrote:Argh, this is gonna get confusing :lol:

I have just ordered a cruise control steering wheel from a mk 7 transit. for my mk 7 transtit, I havent check the BCM, as I have everything but Aircon and cruise control, (electric windows and mirrors, heated window, mirrors, front fogs, Bluetooth radio) so im assuming that the plugs are there :D Is it as simple as bolting it on, and activating it?

A mate of mine has IDS but has no idea where the Cruise control setting is? :lol: :lol:

If you have heated screen you should have correct bcm.
You can't just turn on cruise, you need software from Vantuner.
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Memster » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:28 pm

hopefully it'll be nice and easy! Ah that would explain why my mate can never find the setting :lol:

what do I need to do to get / run the software?
Memster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby pagcelt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi guys, been lurking around the forum since I got my MK7 ex RAC van last year but don't post much. Have to say this is a brilliant guide loot!

Managed to find a c max wheel with the cruise buttons at a breakers and luckily I also have the right BCM and all the wires I need at my squib connector. Got the old wheel off and the c max wheel fitted in its place today, only problem is that the horn doesn't work now. :cry:. Tried taking the airbag back off to double check I've got everything connected right but it's a nightmare to get it off the c max wheel, the screwdriver I used to take it off the transit steering wheel doesn't fit now. Anyone got any tips for getting the airbag off the c max wheel or a possible explanation for the horn not working now?

Cheers!

Paul.
pagcelt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Memster wrote:hopefully it'll be nice and easy! Ah that would explain why my mate can never find the setting :lol:

what do I need to do to get / run the software?

You need to contact Vantuner and he can make it for you, then send it to you for your mate to install
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby pagcelt » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:02 pm

pagcelt wrote:Hi guys, been lurking around the forum since I got my MK7 ex RAC van last year but don't post much. Have to say this is a brilliant guide loot!

Managed to find a c max wheel with the cruise buttons at a breakers and luckily I also have the right BCM and all the wires I need at my squib connector. Got the old wheel off and the c max wheel fitted in its place today, only problem is that the horn doesn't work now. :cry:. Tried taking the airbag back off to double check I've got everything connected right but it's a nightmare to get it off the c max wheel, the screwdriver I used to take it off the transit steering wheel doesn't fit now. Anyone got any tips for getting the airbag off the c max wheel or a possible explanation for the horn not working now?

Cheers!

Paul.

Sorted! Got myself a smaller screwdriver today and managed to get the airbag off again, one of the small earth wires had detached (or I hadn't attached it!). Plugged that back in, put it all back together and the horn now works! :D .

Now just need to get the Cruise control activated by Vantuner. I Stay up in the highlands of Scotland but am I right in thinking Vantuner has a garage in Glasgow that does cruise activation and remaps for him?

Cheers,
Paul
pagcelt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Tango330 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Yes Mate, check out his web site, think that explains it all :)
T330 RWD now sold
Ford Ranger Wildtrack now sold

MI 5 sacked me from my job as an interrogator this morning, didn't like to ask why :?
Tango330
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits