*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Free replacement badges

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Free replacement badges

Postby RustWidow » Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Excellent
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby heinycab » Thu May 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi All, My first post but not a newbie,phoned ford customer relations and had Transit 06 plate mwb booked into Emg Ely Cambs to inspect the badges.Left vehicle with them for an hour, came back to two new shiny ford badges for free wow! so if your in the Ely area and have a ford van less than 10 years old with manky badges get it there and have some lol. Many thanks to all on here for all the interesting advice and tips keep it up. Regards Chris. :D
heinycab

Postby 4133kyle » Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Downloadable PDF in case your dealer hasn't heard of this.

https://app.box.com/s/akllu6mudc6e9n74csct
4133kyle
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Fri May 30, 2014 8:12 pm

4133kyle wrote:Downloadable PDF in case your dealer hasn't heard of this.

https://app.box.com/s/akllu6mudc6e9n74csct

Nice one, thanks :)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby shovelheadrob » Sat May 31, 2014 10:43 am

Finally got round to popping into my dealer, he said no problem so going back late next Friday for them to change my back door badge, oooh eer missus!
Panther Black 2012 155ps 350 LWB Limited with extra toys
Leather, reversing camera, dual side doors, LED DRLs
shovelheadrob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mc Nasty » Sat May 31, 2014 2:21 pm

I still haven't heard from the C***s at Arnold Clarks, despite Ford telling them to do it and to call me to arrange it.
Mc Nasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby danny wouters » Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 pm

picked mine up today..... happy days...
danny wouters
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby pappa583 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:46 pm

I have just spoke to local dealer who claimed they knew nothing about this so I rang ford customer relations which confirmed these are under warrenty and ford will replace them. Ford contacted the dealer, had a word and transfered me to them. The guy i spoke to this time at the franchise did know about this and was spot on. Booked in to get my new badge on Monday. Saves me buying one off fleabay.
pappa583
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby scotty dog » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 pm

No problem with main dealer ,wont supply they have to fit them,hope they fit them straight :D :D
scotty dog
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby danny wouters » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:48 pm

ford must hate these forum
danny wouters
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mc Nasty » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Mc Nasty wrote:I still haven't heard from the C***s at Arnold Clarks, despite Ford telling them to do it and to call me to arrange it.

Well I waited a month.. nothing from the c***s at arnold clarks, so back on the phone to Ford, to be honest it was far more about the way I was treated by clarks than a piece of trim on an 8 year old van.

Ford apologised and said they would raise it to a higher level, within 24 hours clarks called, told me "can you bring the van in so we can photograph the badges? Ford need to approve this" (more lies) so I arrange a time, take the van in to be asked "are you waiting for it?" I asked how long they normally take to take a photograph, reply was " is the service book in the vehicle" I was told to sit in waiting area.

I saw a workshop employee at my van checking the badges, I asked him why's he not taking pics, he asked what I was on about, said he was just taking vehicle details and confirming ovals were corroded and front was de-laminated. I went back inside.

After 25 minutes of being ignored in a waiting room, off I went to complain, "Oh, I was just coming to see you.. the parts are in stock, do you want them fitted now?" Badges were fitted in 15 mins and I left, never to return.

A total farce from start to finish, Ford the people paying for it all couldn't have been more helpful, arnold clarks could not have been more ignorant or deceitful, I pity their customers.
Mc Nasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby shovelheadrob » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:07 pm

TC Harrison in Peterborough did mine, no problem, booked for 4.30 on a Friday afternoon, out the door by 4.45 with shiny new badge, great service.
Panther Black 2012 155ps 350 LWB Limited with extra toys
Leather, reversing camera, dual side doors, LED DRLs
shovelheadrob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby algieboy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Printed out the ford update from this thread here and took my van down to Mcrae and Dick Stirling my local stealer's and the guy phoned the parts department to see if they had the badges in stock.
Then asked me if I wanted them fitted or if I wanted to take them away so I just took them away with me and fitted two nice shiny badges front and back. So big
thanks to the forum as I would never have known about it otherwise.PS never even looked at my van, All in 10mins .Cheers Guys....... lol
algieboy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby scotty dog » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Strange that McRae & Dick gave you the badges,the Elgin branch stated that they must be fitted by the dealer PS dont get a pump learn done at Elgin comes back worse than it went in
scotty dog
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby algieboy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:24 pm

scotty dog wrote:Strange that McRae & Dick gave you the badges,the Elgin branch stated that they must be fitted by the dealer PS dont get a pump learn done at Elgin comes back worse than it went in

I,am getting one done tomorrow (Wed) at the Stirling branch as mine is a bit noisy sounds like diesel knock till it warms up then quietens down.Will post back on how the Stirling branch performs.
algieboy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits