*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

strange heater problem

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

strange heater problem

Postby dacky » Wed May 14, 2014 9:37 am

anyone any ideas why my blower works on recirculated air all 3 speeds,but when you switch it to the right on normal fan speeds i dont get nothing !! its a mk7 transit. Any information would good as my head is done in trying to work this 1 out
dacky
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: strange heater problem

Postby loot » Wed May 14, 2014 12:36 pm

I think going from left and right only changes the suction thingy which is mechanical/pipes at the switch, I'd say the switch is goosed but you could either change the switch or just blank the suction pipe that operates the suction thingy located left of the heater matrix left foot well.
Will work normally then but still have to turn the knob left.
That vacuum pipe normally gets squashed with age, engine bay offside going into the bulkhead.
Someone may know exactly how it functions but i presume 1 vac pipe goes to the switch and 1 leaves it to go to the vac thingy, turning the knob left closes the vac pipes together and the vacuum sucks the vac thingy open which operates a flap for recirculation.

The vac thingy on the matrix is on show and is silver and very obvious when you stick your head under.
Phew not often you get a very descriptive and technically accurate diagnosis from me :lol:
HTH
Sir lootalot 8)
Ps. don't know if the fan blows in 2 directions for left/right (doubt it)
Also don't know if the switch has2 circuits and could just be a fuse?
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Re: strange heater problem

Postby dacky » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 pm

thanks for the reply, it turned out to be the heater switch which was knackered. I went down to the local stealers they wanted £300 for a new unit, I managed to get 1 from ebay for £20 which took a while as most don't have a/c and after a bit of fettling all up and running again :D
dacky
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits