Transitmania 6 @ Billing Aquadrome Aug 22nd to 24th 2014


EGR UNIT PROBLEMS ?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

EGR UNIT PROBLEMS ?

Postby ChuckH » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:05 am

My EGR unit has been replaced after a wait of 2 weeks to get the part (which sugests a shortage of parts ) It was done at 2200 miles two weeks ago Its now making the same grating noise as the old one !! So is this a common failure ????

Meant to say Its a Mk 7 2.2 TDCI 130 LX
ChuckH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:09 pm

EGR valve

Postby Daveyboy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi, yes it could be a problem, had mine replaced on my work van, but a RWD 350 115tdci at around 1600 miles, that was after numerous visits to the dealers who just kept wiping all the fault codes and recallibrating. Fingers crossed the engine management light hasn't come on since the replacement of the EGR valve.
Daveyboy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:39 pm

Postby Nighthawk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:33 pm

is the noise louder now than it was when the vehicle was new?

the EGR valve on 06----> transits is an electronic unit and it does a cleaning cycle when the ignition goes on and off to keep the actuator rod clear.

it sounds like a little man sawing for a couple of seconds :D
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Postby ChuckH » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 am

The last one got louder and louder This one is doing the same !! The van has only done 3500 miles !!! :?
ChuckH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Postby PMeyer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:27 pm

wow - just found this post. My 2000 w reg van is going in tomorrow to have EGR vavle replaced. I kept getting engine management light come on and then it would clear after the van had been running for a while, if i switched it off and then on again. Can't say I've heard any noises on startup like you describe though...

here's hoping it doesn't cost too much!
Love me, love my van.
PMeyer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby Nighthawk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Thats because your EGR valve is a vacuum controlled item, not an electronic type as fitted to current Transit

:)

last time I looked, the EGR valve for the early duratorq 2.4 with the air temp switch was around 150 +vat and fitting

so a degree of arse stinging is coming your way
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Postby sus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Nighthawk wrote:last time I looked, the EGR valve for the early duratorq 2.4 with the air temp switch was around 150 +vat and fitting

so a degree of arse stinging is coming your way


surely it's covered on warrenty
sus
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Postby MrMPuk » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:21 pm

sus wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:last time I looked, the EGR valve for the early duratorq 2.4 with the air temp switch was around 150 +vat and fitting

so a degree of arse stinging is coming your way


surely it's covered on warrenty


Not on a W reg.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27944
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: EGR UNIT PROBLEMS ?

Postby L33 DOB » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:37 pm

My 2006 on a 56 plate in making theese scraping noises only when the engine is turned off. Like a wee man sawing under the bonet for a few seconds. The vans only done 12k. No managment light comes on and theres no fault on the dash computer thingymabob. Am i in for a nasty bill?
L33 DOB
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: EGR UNIT PROBLEMS ?

Postby ake » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:39 pm

No cos if you read the post properly the sawing noise is meant to happen, its the valve self cleaning :)
2012 Ford Transit 125ps 260 Trend
2008 Ford Transit 130ps 350 Chausson Flash 03


Retrofit cruise control, dash upgrades , egr deletes and remaps from
Image
User avatar
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 31593
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: EGR UNIT PROBLEMS ?

Postby L33 DOB » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Its abit loud like
L33 DOB
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Re:

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 am

PMeyer wrote:wow - just found this post. My 2000 w reg van is going in tomorrow to have EGR vavle replaced. I kept getting engine management light come on and then it would clear after the van had been running for a while, if i switched it off and then on again. Can't say I've heard any noises on startup like you describe though...

here's hoping it doesn't cost too much!

you be best to blank it off on the 2.5 di.
glx spec with toys,wallnutt dash,full air-con (ect), superchiped,de-cat,s/s-ex, cctv, 2-way, twin batt, member of eberspacher crew LOL (7 day night heater,) up rated sounds, full marker lights, air-horns, full chrome toy set. (AND TOO MANY LIGHTS) LOL
User avatar
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: lincolnshire

Re: Re:

Postby ake » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 pm

psv-hgv-flt wrote:
PMeyer wrote:wow - just found this post. My 2000 w reg van is going in tomorrow to have EGR vavle replaced. I kept getting engine management light come on and then it would clear after the van had been running for a while, if i switched it off and then on again. Can't say I've heard any noises on startup like you describe though...

here's hoping it doesn't cost too much!

you be best to blank it off on the 2.5 di.


That was posted in 2007, so they've probably fixed it by now :lol:
2012 Ford Transit 125ps 260 Trend
2008 Ford Transit 130ps 350 Chausson Flash 03


Retrofit cruise control, dash upgrades , egr deletes and remaps from
Image
User avatar
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 31593
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: Re:

Postby ChuckH » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 pm

ake wrote:
psv-hgv-flt wrote:
PMeyer wrote:wow - just found this post. My 2000 w reg van is going in tomorrow to have EGR vavle replaced. I kept getting engine management light come on and then it would clear after the van had been running for a while, if i switched it off and then on again. Can't say I've heard any noises on startup like you describe though...

here's hoping it doesn't cost too much!

you be best to blank it off on the 2.5 di.


That was posted in 2007, so they've probably fixed it by now :lol:



Your right Mate I posted this thread nearly 3 years ago My van now has just 27,000 miles on the clock And is on EGR Valve number 6 !!! Thats right 6 EGR Valves id 3 years and under 28k miles Ford still claim They dont have a problem with them Oh no ....................................................
ChuckH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: EGR UNIT PROBLEMS ?

Postby Tdci_boy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Don't have a problem with EGR valves, I'm on my 3rd, every single manufacturer that relies on EGR has problems with EGR valves, is it any wonder when you consider where they are operating, you would have thought someone would have cured the problem by now.
Transit connect 2008 230T110 Lx LWB high roof, twin side loading doors, flying machine in std guise, dare I let Vantuner play with it :-)
Tdci_boy
GLX Posse
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Salisbury

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Altransit, Google [Bot], mjsroofing, Mutha101, skyeman