*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

catastrophe, why cant I get anyone to help.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: catastrophe, why cant I get anyone to help.

Postby SeanW » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 am

highviss wrote:
v8dave wrote:
highviss wrote:Hmm,, for a start I think i'm going to have to do a reverse bleed some how. cheers v8dave

Thanks jonochap :D

Go in you local pharmacists and ask for a 50 or 100 ml syringe, ideal for for pumping it into the slave and removing excess from the master reservior.

Wow,,,, like it,, visit my pharmacist to get a fix for my van,,,, :roll: going to jack it right up with clutch fluid and a IV line :lol:

Don't forget to shout "STAT!!" a lot and wipe your brow frequently whilst reminding everyone that you're "not gonna lose this one on your watch!" in a corny American accent
SeanW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: catastrophe, why cant I get anyone to help.

Postby highviss » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Now got gears by adjusting the gearbox selector cables using the following method; 1) release clips on box cover under gearstick, 2) removed cover, 3) slide off the collar retaining wire clip at the front of each plastic block, 4) eased the plastic cover off one side of each block, 5) slide forward the plastic collar at the front of the plastic block few mm, 5) using a bolt approx 10mm x 30mm, line up the hole in the plate with the fixed threaded locking point and screw in the bolt to hold in position ( neutral ) , 6) place the covers back over the plastic blocks, 7) push the collars back into the blocks, 8 ) slide on the collar retaining wire clips, 9) unscrew and remove the bolt used to hold the neutral position, 10) place the cover back the box and engage the clips.
Not sure if this is the correct way for adjusting the gear selecting cables, all I can say is it worked for me.
I have reverse bleed the clutch with a 100mm syringe and an IV line to the bleed nipple and I now have a nice clutch, but I am a bit concerned to see a small puddle of clutch fluid under the van as Im sure Iv not lost any during the reverse bleed, Im hoping Iv not damaged the seal in the cylinder.??
highviss
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits