*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How many Mk6 petrol/lpg are out there.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: How many Mk6 petrol/lpg are out there.

Postby trans-it-mad » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 pm

madmart132 wrote:Hi,we need a bit more information about the van ,year lpg system etc also try the lpg forum

hey madmart!
I have a 2002 LWB RWD 2.3L bi-fuel, I think the system is nekam??? not sure, but it is a factory fitted.
I had dirty LPG, start misfire and run with no power. changed oil and filters, sparkplug, some injectors cleaners, and carb cleaner. start to run good, but I had still some dirty LPG. now suddenly I have shaky engine, no power and it run bad in both fuel. I finish dirty gas and i have better LPG.
I run error code:
P0201 P0202 P0203 (injector circuit malfunction 123),
C1302 (left front isolation clamping circuit failure),
P0410 (secondary air injection system malfunction)
P0014 (exaust chamshaft position timing)
B2550 (dome lamp output circuit short to ground)

so now I spray again carb cleaner. but than unsure of next step.
I went too in the LPG forum, got mix signals in here everyone talk about telford, but at the moment I need to make the van run again
Any tips?
MK6 LWB RWD BI-FUEL broom broom :lol:
trans-it-mad
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby rogerw » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:51 am

The cam shaft sensor should be right at back of camcover - check connection an clean with spray. Same with injector connectors. Also try cleaning the HT leads if you haven’t already.
2003, petrol
rogerw
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby trans-it-mad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 pm

rogerw wrote:The cam shaft sensor should be right at back of camcover - check connection an clean with spray. Same with injector connectors. Also try cleaning the HT leads if you haven’t already.

ok, this is a good tips, I will try this, english it is not my first language, so now I know what you are telling me.
the only thing I do not know it is the cleaning spray that you are advise me on. could you be more specific and tell me a name or give me a link?

million of thanks
MK6 LWB RWD BI-FUEL broom broom :lol:
trans-it-mad
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby rodney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:45 pm

I know its not a mk6 but I just bought a mk7 petrol/lpg 2.3 , anyone know what engines the mk7 petrol use? , it looks different to the mk5 and mk6 petrol engines
rodney
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bj928 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:19 pm

as far as i know, its the Duratec 2.3 4 cylinder, i think its the only vehicle its fitted to in the uk, the mondeo's had a 2.0 version, as far as the info i have goes, its the same as the mustang ecoboost, but without the turbos, and maybe older spec, both engines are based on the Mazda 2.3
bj928
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Hartley the jam van » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:35 am

Hartley the jam van, 03 swb, low roof , factory fit lpg (still working fine )
Hartley the jam van
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby lone ranger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:43 am

Hi there, i have a flat bed pick up 2008 petrol/lpg using it daily on lpg, playing up at the moment not running on all cylinders (will keep you all posted)
lone ranger

Postby lone ranger » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 am

Hi members i,ve got a lpg 2008 misfiring on 3/4 minute or so, but if i turn the ignition on and off it runs ok for a while then misfires again with engine light flashing , I have changed coil packs and plugs also two new injectors any ideas ??
lone ranger

Postby mealic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:35 am

lone ranger wrote:Hi members i,ve got a lpg 2008 misfiring on 3/4 minute or so, but if i turn the ignition on and off it runs ok for a while then misfires again with engine light flashing , I have changed coil packs and plugs also two new injectors any ideas ??

You really do need to get the engine running well on petrol before it will even think about running on LPG. You sure it is the engine light that is flashing, not LPG before switchover attempts . Its the on left of speedo pod. Are the plugs gapped right? Plenty on here about that. Swap the coil packs over 1and2 for 3 and 4. Make sure throttle body is tight and well connected. Perhaps change oxygen sensor in exhaust downpipe. Good luck

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bj928 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I got my van cheap because it was diagnosed as knackered engine, and all it needed was coil packs and leads, I put plugs in as well, runs sweet now, so could be something as simple as that, the mk6 runs 1 coil pack for 2 cylinders, maybe the mk7 is the same and that's why it's showing a problem with 2 cylinders
bj928
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dougall » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm

No idea I know I have one..

looking to upgrade to a new van petrol.. so, I can upgrade and convert it to lpg.

I live in London and what with this current mayor and the eec regulations!

been using tapatalk.. on the mobile but, the links are not opening up !

Any suggestions please??

If you got one for sale let me know on dougalsteward@gmail.com
dougall

Postby phobious » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi I have a lwb transit mid roof 2002 2.3 petrol/lpg paid to have lpg sorted out but didnt last long done 60k miles . she has done 40 miles since last MOT took back there yesterday he failed it on abs load sensor seized
is this an easy fix getting over broken femur so not too active at the moment any advice appreciated thanks Jim
phobious

Postby phobious » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi Jim from Camden petrol/lpg factrory fitted 2002 transit 350 LWB//MID roofdone 65k miles . only 40 miles since last MOT but failed this time on braking sensor 165+VAT @ europarts anyone know where to get used one . ? runs fine on the petrol misfires on gas
phobious

Postby madmart132 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi cannot help on the abs question but the misfire probably new leads and coils and plugs , if you use NGK plugs close the gap up a bit , and when you replace the lid over the plugs etc use a good quality grease over the gasket to prevent water getting to the plugs
madmart132
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby crestofawave » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:50 pm

just got mine, 280 mw, was a Cardiff council van so factory "green option fitted, but need to get it working as its not switching over, I would guess at a relay somewhere along the line.
funny thing is in reverse it has the " caution vehicle reversing …….then in welsh!
crestofawave
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits