*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 going in for a service at 15K

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 going in for a service at 15K

Postby matg » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:02 am

I am not overly happy with my van which is a real shame, after really loving driving it I know have a list of problems to deal with, they are as follows:

Rear brakes bind when reversing.
Both Keys have lost power for the second time.
Side door some times becomes jammed for no apparent reason and wont open or close.
Automatic lights turn off under low revs but binnacle lights stay on (recall notice on this).
Front brakes making very bad noises and ABS kicking in for the very lightest of touches.
Clutch now judders unless I put lots of revs through it - clutch got changed recently due to clutch pedal failure (warranty) and it never did it before.
Door seal on drivers side is hanging off.
Engine management light comes on and stays on for short period (suspect EGR valve)

I love this van, it cost a fair bit of money I have tried my best to look after it and drive very carefully in it. Its still a fantastic drive but these issues are seriously annoying me now, especially as a large stone hit the wing on the motorway last week and put a small dent on it :( (not fords fault I know).

I am going to try and book it in today and get a courtesy van, and I dont want it back until its sorted. I will keep you updated.
matg
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby KiloKilo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:44 am

A real shame. Not really pleased with reading all thoose problems but indeed keep us updated and hopefully they will be able to solve it all.
KiloKilo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby madmark » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:52 am

:? its a great shame too here of all these problems! i normaly get a motor like that! :shock:
since haveing my mk6 hallmark from new i have had no problems with it,maybe there is too many goodies to go wrong on the new ones :? like the keys i have herd alot about these ,why could they just not leave the old style alone!
i am glad i never went out and got a mk7 as i decided to go for the mk6 first! :)
dont get me wrong as you say the mk7 is a great drive but i find the mk6 is as well! :wink:
goodluck with getting it sorted keep us informed! :wink:
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby matg » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:16 pm

after I had the mk6 I said I would never own another transit!! The amount of problems I had with it were staggering!

I think the main lesson to learn is to not buy early in a new models life, however the Mk7 is a great drive and thats what made me buy another transit.

I will keep you posted of course :)
matg
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby madmark » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 pm

mat thats strange ,normaly i get the problems as i say i havent had any as such yet!
i have had it a year nearly but it is one of the last hallmarks! with the 125ps and i am putting a bit more than that into it as well! :)
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

mk 6

Postby bmwx5 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:41 pm

have had my mk 6 now over 3 years and never had one problem with it at all mwb 350 125bhp model maybe cos its only done 38.000 miles but i always service it every 5000 miles
bmwx5
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby matg » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:23 pm

van is booked in for 14th May this is the best date they could give me for a courtesy van - although they said it will most likely be a transit connect!!! I told them if it was then not to bother as I drive a LWB transit :lol: Or a mondeo estate would be of more use :lol: she didnt like my humor :roll:
matg
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk7 going in for a service at 15K

Postby Nighthawk » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 pm

matg wrote:Rear brakes bind when reversing.
this is an issue under investigation at the moment, ask the dealer to look at the handbrake cable brackets on the springs as they are probably distorting and applying the park brake a little
Both Keys have lost power for the second time.
Again, under investigation. the supplier of the fobs has made changes and strengthened the soldered joints on the PCB. More changes are planned to start in may
Side door some times becomes jammed for no apparent reason and wont open or close.
any more info on this Mat are you saying the door remains locked?
Automatic lights turn off under low revs but binnacle lights stay on (recall notice on this).
This indeed a subject of recall on some Transits, PM me the reg or chassis number and i'll check it for you
Front brakes making very bad noises and ABS kicking in for the very lightest of touches.
what sort of noises....grinding? ABS pump will run under certain other non ABS events as the system also takes care of brake force distribution. slow speed parking with a full lock is one such time as the weight transfers
Clutch now judders unless I put lots of revs through it - clutch got changed recently due to clutch pedal failure (warranty) and it never did it before.
I still can't understand why the clutch was replaced for a pedal and master cylinder failure....the dealer needs to check that as they could have distorted the center plate
Door seal on drivers side is hanging off.
common concern which has plagued Transit since 2000 :(, easily replaced though
Engine management light comes on and stays on for short period (suspect EGR valve)
once it's been on IDS the fault code will be apparent, while EGR is causing some concern on certain models it's not the only possible concern

Good luck with the dealer, if I can offer more advice, just give me a nod
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dps » Sun May 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi All
I was one of the first to buy the mk6 fully loaded and in the first year had the best part of 40+ recals with 12 replacment fuel lines 8 heated screens and that was the worst thing all mk6 start to cost money around the 50k miles as mine went in a few weeks back and had to have fuel pump water pump starter motor so now got the mk7 seem to be having mainly electrical problems will keep you all posted

dps Dave :wink:
dps

Postby stevo » Mon May 07, 2007 1:56 pm

Now i know im gonna stick with Mk5's, rust and all :lol: :lol:
Formely ibanez2005

Your's is the new Ford Transit!

2003 100 T260 TDDi swb
stevo
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby road666 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:01 am

Hello mates.Firs I would like to apologize for my bad english.I like TRANSITs very much and my father got 2 MK5's,1 MK6 and maybe in a week we'll get MK 7 (the dealer is preparing it ).So I just want to say in my opinion TRANSITs are very hard mini-busses.We bought MK5s and the MK6 like second hand vehicles.The Mk5s had some problems but it's normal for the use of 7-8 years to got some problems.The MK6 we are driving more than 1 year and it has absolutely no problem and I hope the MK7 which will be brand new to be better than the MK6 :lol: .Here in Bulgaria the roads are not so good like in west europe and the suspension and the chasses are in bad conditions.
When I hear some bad or disturbing facts about TRANSIT I'm not happy also,but I think maybe the problems are only incidential and when you fix it there will be no problem for the future.And maybe you'll not find something better than the TRANSITS in that part of that vehicles (minibuses,chasses cab or vans).
my new tranny
[url=vepal.hit.bg/]
Image[/url]
road666

Postby KiloKilo » Thu May 10, 2007 10:04 am

Mnogo dobre 8)

Anyway if you do get problems with your Mk7 you can tell the guy you are part of the Bulgarian mafia, he will have it sorted in seconds :wink:
KiloKilo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby M4carp » Tue May 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi guys, I have a 'y' reg 2001 MK6 260 100ps which I bought new, it has done 108,000 miles now and gets driven hard on the motorway as I like to beat other vans lol it will go over 115mph. I have never had a problem with it except now the drivers front wheel arch below door is bubbling up with rust and the nearside rear wheelarch front part is rusting, annoying since its garaged and kept clean. One thing I did notice when I first got the van was the lack of paint it had on it, a very thin coat. Was thinking of getting a MK7 but with all the problems I hear I will just take my van to the bodyshop and fit some MK7 rear lights.

I guess I have been lucky then, what a great van!
M4carp
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits