*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Valve adjustment?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Valve adjustment?

Postby qualityvan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:06 am

Help. I have a 2009 transit 350 rwd 100ps. I have spent a fortune. Recon injectors. Switch in rail. Sensor in pump. New solid flywheel and clutch. Main bearings, piston rings, big ends, new chain etc. still idles rough, all been due to someone else's bodge job. It must for had chain jump as a new ladder frame was fitted and new chain cover by previous owner but I found a lot of small metal bits in sump, they looked like a cam follower. Now scratching my head , in the ladder frame I assume it is small Hydralic tappits ? Are they adjustable and how? When the frame was out I tried to squeeze them in a vice as I've always done with Hydralic tappits but they were solid is this right?
Any suggestions. Van only done 85000 miles but does have pro generator and compressor fitted underfloor.
qualityvan

Re: Valve adjustment?

Postby ake » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:17 am

Have you had this recalibrated using ids? To set injectors etc etc
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: Valve adjustment?

Postby qualityvan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:58 am

Yes garage in Tisbury updated the software and fitted the injectors for me as there was a problem with the first recon set the numbers could not be read. This was before I stripped the engine and engine ran but had a knock on tick over also ran rough. On rebuild I fitted a new crank sender and cam sensor.
Thanks for the reply
qualityvan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits