*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Idiots guide to IDS

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Idiots guide to IDS

Postby Airthies » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:03 pm

EDDY99 wrote:I wanted to add a new key in PATS.
IDS would not let me do this (security access denied).
I posted this up for some help.
Loot noticed my RCM was in optional equipment and said it should be a standard module.
I have played with IDS to configure this module but with no joy.
I dont know if I have a RCM module fitted and if so where it is ?
So my asking for help with PATS has moved to asking for help with RCM.
I hope this is a bit clearer :?: :?: :?:

Just out of curiosity (as it was niggling me) been through an old log file from my van and RCM module IS listed under "optional equipment" rather than std.

How have you got on with yours, did you get it all sorted out?

Sent from my A55 H0|£ via crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby vanduara37 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:20 pm

have emailed supplier with problem, followed installation instructions to the letter but when completed got message saying " software update required " but no update was available as this was the latest software ?
vanduara37
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby EDDY99 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Airthies wrote:
EDDY99 wrote:I wanted to add a new key in PATS.
IDS would not let me do this (security access denied).
I posted this up for some help.
Loot noticed my RCM was in optional equipment and said it should be a standard module.
I have played with IDS to configure this module but with no joy.
I dont know if I have a RCM module fitted and if so where it is ?
So my asking for help with PATS has moved to asking for help with RCM.
I hope this is a bit clearer :?: :?: :?:

Just out of curiosity (as it was niggling me) been through an old log file from my van and RCM module IS listed under "optional equipment" rather than std.

How have you got on with yours, did you get it all sorted out?

Had a little play tracing wires with no luck.
Does anyone now if there is supposed to be a voltage at pin 7 OBD for the K line ?
Is there a K line module if so is it fused ?
Read a bit on an article about aftermarket radios messing up the K line but it made no difference when I disconnected the radio.

Airthies, have u programed keys with PATS ??
MK 7 Transit 2006 (56) 2.4L Duratorq-TDCi (100PS) Series 1.7-350L
EDDY99
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Airthies » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Yea and not had an issue. But was a while ago. So can't remember the sequence unless I'm plugged in doing it I'm afraid.

2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jpv85 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi all, i'm after a bit of help. I was wandering if someone could tell me where you find the option for viewing/changing the injector correction factors in ids v86.04? its for a mk6 tdci. When i was going through ids i thought it would have been in the module programming section but it says unavailable when i click on it. Any help much appreciated.
Jpv85
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Jpv85 wrote:Hi all, i'm after a bit of help. I was wandering if someone could tell me where you find the option for viewing/changing the injector correction factors in ids v86.04? its for a mk6 tdci. When i was going through ids i thought it would have been in the module programming section but it says unavailable when i click on it. Any help much appreciated.

Mk6 TDCi doesn't have injector correction factors...only the Mk7 (pre Euro5)... :wink:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jpv85 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:02 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Jpv85 wrote:Hi all, i'm after a bit of help. I was wandering if someone could tell me where you find the option for viewing/changing the injector correction factors in ids v86.04? its for a mk6 tdci. When i was going through ids i thought it would have been in the module programming section but it says unavailable when i click on it. Any help much appreciated.

Mk6 TDCi doesn't have injector correction factors...only the Mk7 (pre Euro5)... :wink:

Lord Knobrot

Hi thanks for the reply. So does that mean after you change injectors you don't need to put in the 16 digit code from the injectors into the pcm?
Jpv85
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Jpv85 wrote:Hi thanks for the reply. So does that mean after you change injectors you don't need to put in the 16 digit code from the injectors into the pcm?

I don't think the Mk6 TDCi injectors have a 16 digit code..!?? Where are they printed on the injector.. :?: :?:

Mk7 has the 16 digit correction factor number printed on the plastic electrical connector on the top.

If yours has them can you post a pic for us..!

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jpv85 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:55 pm

knobby1 wrote:
I don't think the Mk6 TDCi injectors have a 16 digit code..!?? Where are they printed on the injector.. :?: :?:

Mk7 has the 16 digit correction factor number printed on the plastic electrical connector on the top.

Lord Knobrot

The codes were printed on the injector body, to read them i had to take the rocker cover off and i didn't take any pictures.
I just assumed as they had the codes on they would need to be changed in the control module.
If i didn't put the new codes in and started the van up would it cause any damage?
Jpv85
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:05 am

Jpv85 wrote:The codes were printed on the injector body, to read them i had to take the rocker cover off and i didn't take any pictures.
I just assumed as they had the codes on they would need to be changed in the control module.
If i didn't put the new codes in and started the van up would it cause any damage?

Are you sure they're not just injector the part numbers?? If so they should all be the same number.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 am

knobby1 wrote:
Jpv85 wrote:Hi thanks for the reply. So does that mean after you change injectors you don't need to put in the 16 digit code from the injectors into the pcm?

Lord Knobrot

Transit mk6 2.0 TDCI 125ps & 2.4 TDCI 135ps injectors do have 16 digit correction no's - shown below & yes they do require to be programmed to PCM. 8) :wink:

IMG_1825.JPG

It's TDDI's that don't :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jpv85 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Had a bit more success today....reinstalled ids (properly this time) and it let me go into module programming and onto injection correction factors but it couldn't read the current injection factors so prompted to enter them manually which i did but it came back as failed each time due to communication error. A bit frustrating, i did a network test and it said it could communicate with the PCM. So a bit stumped at the moment.

I haven't started the van since putting the new engine in so might try bleeding through and running up see if that makes a difference.

Unless someone has had the same communication failure when doing correction factors and knows what the problem is?
Jpv85
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby v8dave » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Jpv85 wrote:Had a bit more success today....reinstalled ids (properly this time) and it let me go into module programming and onto injection correction factors but it couldn't read the current injection factors so prompted to enter them manually which i did but it came back as failed each time due to communication error. A bit frustrating, i did a network test and it said it could communicate with the PCM. So a bit stumped at the moment.

I haven't started the van since putting the new engine in so might try bleeding through and running up see if that makes a difference.

Unless someone has had the same communication failure when doing correction factors and knows what the problem is?

Put you batteries on charge and leave the charger connected while programming.
Comms issues can be low voltage related.
mk7 08reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD
mk6 X reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD - scrapped
mk4 J reg 2.5 L300 LWB MHR RWD - sold on

Notice a trend there ? not too big and not too small
v8dave
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby spudd » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Advice please. I just bought this,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232261351228? ... EBIDX%3AIT.
Should I buy this ,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321988116953?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Or this,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122389844610? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Or do you recommend something else.
spudd
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jpv85 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 pm

v8dave wrote:Put you batteries on charge and leave the charger connected while programming.
Comms issues can be low voltage related.

Hi dave thanks for the reply. I charged the battery and left the charger connected the whole time. I had read about low voltage problems earlier in this thread.
Jpv85
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits