*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TDCi engines, 115PS, 125PS, 135PS-differences??

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Postby AndyG » Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby conrod » Tue May 15, 2007 12:33 am

gardener68 wrote:
conrod wrote:Was quite happy with the Mk5, but I made the mistake of driving this Mk6, I just wanted to see what the difference was. Dumb idea, and I shouldn't have done it - I didn't know they were THAT much better!!!!

dont worry about turning things into a "shitfight"we good at that sort of thing over here :twisted:
but seriously what were the first say three things that you thought were better about mk6 compared to mk 5.
basicaly most of us are going to end up owning mk6s 7s ect in the future when our "old"vans wear out so it would be nice to know what we can look forward to.

plus if you realy have got your coat then im going to have to blag a test drive of a mk6 at the weekend and find out for myself :?:

Okay thanks, I thought I had put my foot into it here! Good that we are all still happy!
First three things about the Mk6 that impressed me, in no particular order were:
1.MORE POWER! specifically, more rev ability as well as a lot more torques (probably more important) I will be towing a race car on a trailer, and filling the back with all the spares, so I will need some grunt. New Zealand has a lot more hilly terrain the England, so we need the extra power to lug ourselves up the steep inclines.
2.Driving dynamics- much nicer steering,handling, gearshift and brakes (okay i am comparing to a Mk5 with a lot more K's on the clock, which is not entirely fair) It is much smoother on the bumpy bits, and the steering response is a lot sharper.
3. Much quieter- that is not to say my Mk5 is noisey, I actually think it is really good for a diesel van. Just that the Mk6 is a lot quieter, and it didn't have a bulkhead fitted, where my Mk5 does.

Other contributing factors in my decision are that the Mk6 is only 6 months old, and is mint, where the Mk5 is 10 years old, and well, it is a 10 year old van!(ie. NOT mint!) And I am going to be using it for private use, and I am a bit anal about things looking nice. Also , the Mk5 seems to suck the fuel, 21mpg seems the best it will do, it appears the Mk6 will be significantly better. Downside is that the Mk6 will cost nearly four times what the Mk5 did!!!!!
Last edited by conrod on Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby AndyG » Tue May 15, 2007 12:39 am

conrod wrote: Downside is that the Mk6 will cost nearly four times what the Mk5 did!!!!!
This also applies to the repairs :P :lol:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby conrod » Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 am

Yep, hence the warranty, which I will get extended to five years! When speaking to the service manager at the Ford Dealership this morning, he said the early Mk6's were more prone to problems, and rattled off the list of things which went wrong with them (and they are all detailed on this site so I won't repeat them) He told me that by the time they were running this model out, they were much better, Ford had sorted most of the issues and they were much less problematic. Plus being a runout model, it has a lot of goodies fitted, including air-con, which is most important here!
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby AndyG » Tue May 15, 2007 12:50 am

AirCon 8) 8) 8)
You're doing the right thing mate :!:

[quote] You can't beet a lovely drop of aircon :wink:
AndyG
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits